Futaba 8FG Super

Kari

It's great, really nothing bad to say. Just update battery to lipo and it will last way longer than stock nimh.

anaka

great radio, best buy
now with latest MK firmware you can use S-Bus and have 14 channels of freedom to remote a lot of MK funcions plus more servos
never had problems with battery or any other element
I made the free upgrade from old firmware to the new 8FG Super with 14 channels, everithing works perfectly

mailman35

i picked up a 2650mah lipo for the futaba from HK.
waiting to put a charge on it so i can use it:p
anything is better then the crap nicad performance.
also i have the fuaba 7c.

Kari

Mailman do you mean 3s 2650 which hk sells for Futaba? I'm afraid it fits only for older higher voltage Futabas. I bought just regular 2s 2200 nano tech and did adapter xt60 to servo plug.

mailman35

yeah teh 3s, it measures the same as my 11.1v nicad gonna have to cut off the receiver pack connector on my old charging brick to build a connector for my lipo balancer/charger :p

Well yes and no. I already have that exact thing you linked to. What I was wondering, and I can't figure out, is whether the 8FG has the ability to accept an LRS system or is it stuck on 2.4ghz

DJIFlyer

I really like my new Futaba 8FG Super but there is one thing that I cannot figure out as of yet: I fly a big hexa for aerial photography and so I would like to have a "mix' or a D/R setting that will allow me to 'soften' all of my controls to make them more docile while shooting video. I have successfully setup a three position switch via the 'Dual Rate' menu that will allow me to accomplish these softer settings for Ele, Rud, Ail, but the same settings do not exist for Throttle for some reason which seems odd. All three of the other setting are a breeze but then when I get the window for setting up the throttle it will only allow me to set some EXPO and what's really weird is that this new expo setting is a general setting applied to everything and NOT just the Dual Rate Switch that all of the previous settings were allocated to. Why would they even put it in that grouping I wonder? Does anyone know if there is a work-around for this? I simply want to be able to hit a switch and have all 4 joysticks respond 'softer' than they did at start up. Then if I click to the next (or third) position I could make them be even softer (Pos 1=Normal, Pos 2=soft, Pos 3=softer). Obviously I am pretty new to this stuff so there may be a simple solution that I am just unaware of. Thanks for throwing your hat in the ring on this one if you would. By the way: I am in "Airplane Normal" mode on the TX.

Clint

DJIFlyer

Thanks for this fast reply. I have not tried the throttle curves because I have not figured out how or if I can allocate one of them to a specific switch. Would this be an alternative to creating a "mix" (which is what I ma presently exploring :) ?
I must say that I do love this TX!

DJIFlyer

Benjamin, I think I was able to achieve the result I was looking for by creating a mix (my first ever) and allocating the mix to the same switch that my other three sticks and D/R were assigned to. It seems to work fine but it seems odd that i couldn't do it the other way.

Clint

anaka

hi clint, for airplane normal mode what do you mean?
the mode1 or mode2 of sticks configuration? or the kind of model (helicopter or airplane) that the TX is setted for?

8FG is a great TX, you can widely configure it, I have to admit that never was minding to set different levels of response for sticks (not for multirotor)
but basicly the function of the idle up is exactly what you say, in SR helicopters, especially the electric ones, some people sets idleup 0 just to make the blades reach the RPM (and avoid to breack gears) then they switch to idle 1 for flyght and then to idle 2 for acrobatic
in 8FG you can change assignemt of switches as you like, probably you just need to take a look at TX documentation

hope this helps

DJIFlyer

Thanks Anaka: To answer your question; yes, I meant Airplane and not helicopter. I mentioned this because I know that there is a different group of settings for each of those (if I remember correctly). My new MIX seems to work great. I just flip a switch and it changes the sensitivity of my throttle bu whatever amount I desire. This is a huge help when you are trying to create smooth video and you want to the stick inputs to work more gradually. Before making this setting it seemed that if I pushed my throttle just s touch the helicopter would shoot up like a rocket. That can be fun too but not when you don't want it to happen.

Clint

DJI S800, Futaba 8FG Super, AV200, WKM

anaka

yes Clint you are absolutely right, to have quality videos you need to set TX in the proper mode

if you describe how you arranged your settings I'm sure that could be helpful for other people with 8FG

P.S. I have airplane mode as well

Last edited by a moderator:

DJIFlyer

I will take your advice and will make a video as a reference to what I did which I think will be helpful for others. I just have to figure out exactly what I did first in order to share it with others and also test it out thoroughly :)

Last edited by a moderator: