F330, F450 or F550?

nosedive

Hi everyone,

I am looking for a bit of advice of which DJI kit would suit me best.

I currently fly a Gaui 330x with a camera mount / go pro, its great but its quite tricky to get good video (Random twitches here and there if trying to fly in a straight line etc + GU-344 is quite a dated controller).

So I am looking to upgrade to a DJI system, to hopefully get some smoother video.

Then my next choice is which? F330, F450 or F550.

What sort of flight times would I be looking at for each version, bearing in mine my camera mount + go pro weighs a total of 300 grams? This is all I will be mounting, nothing else. Would I be able to get say 15 min flights with any of these with the correct battery?

What is the advantage of the 450/550 over the 330? Is it worth the extra money? Will it fly smoother (including in wind)?

I dont want to go for the 550 if that is overkill for my purposes, but if it really does give a big advantage then I may consider it.

Anyone that can help whos had experience with any of these kits, it would be very helpful, thank you.

Tahoe Ed

I would go with the 450. It will give you more versatility. You can use 8 or 10" props, 3 or 4S lipos. You have more real estate to position your components. The F550 has two more motors, props etc, that can get damaged and you really don't need the extra lifting capacity for your gear. I own the F450 with a WKM and the F550 with a Naza. I find that I spend most of my time flying the F450 not because of the controller but because I like the flying characteristics over the F550. I think that it handles the wind better as well. I have not flown the F330. It looks like it would be a fun sport quad for throwing around or some FPV.

nosedive

Thanks Ed, very helpful.

Next question what sort of flight times could get I get with a 300g payload (not including battery) on the F450?

Which battery size would be more suited?

Tahoe Ed

Right now on the F450 I am using a 3S 2650 and getting between 8 and 8:30min. I have a GoPro hard mounted and the DJI Data Link. I have not tried larger lipos on this one. For comparison, I fly 4S 4000 on my hexa and get the same flight times and it has just the Naza and receiver mounted. I am using the battery monitor and it is set to 10.1v - .02 = 9.9v.

nosedive

Thanks for the further info Ed,

Keith, thanks that thread also helps, I found a few bits of info but wanted someone with experience to help me choose what is the right frame for my needs and Ed has helped me nicely there :)

Looking forward to upgrading to the F450 now after almost crashing my gaui today. There was a small gust of wind, and the gaui controller struggled to regain stability. I managed to get control back after about a few seconds luckily before it hit the ground.

Happy flying:)