Anyone using DJI Naza with Futaba R6208SB S-Bus Receiver - S-BUS Connection

toptweaks

Hi,

have seen at dji website like below pictures:

View attachment 3099

i am using 10CHG using R6208SB S-Bus Receiver.

View attachment 3100

at the moment i just hooked the normal way the A, E, T, and R and extra channel for the mode switching. so there is 5 cable all together ...

are there anyone using this s-bus connection ? what are setting need to be done from the assistant software v1.2 ? any good using this connection. please share with us.

any advise and guidance much much much appreciated ... !

thank you.

- Tops -

Attachments

• feature_3.jpg
    feature_3.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 412
  • futaba-r6208sb.jpg
    futaba-r6208sb.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 370

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
advantage 1 cable instead of 5 or whatever. 4 less things that can go wrong.

Boris

toptweaks

Lars and Boris,

WOW this sound like very easy to complete it. thank you for the tips...

i will try out this one and see how it goes, just receive my F550 ARF kit and building up will use this configuration.

- Tops -

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
three steps toptweaks. locate the s-bus port on the futaba receiver, find which port on the naza controller is dedicated to s-bus, in the config tool choose d-bus and you are set. Your Receiver also needs power either from one of the becs on the ESCs or from the PMU bec output.

Boris

jetforce

FLY HIGH AND STAY HIGH
three steps toptweaks. locate the s-bus port on the futaba receiver, find which port on the naza controller is dedicated to s-bus, in the config tool choose d-bus and you are set. Your Receiver also needs power either from one of the becs on the ESCs or from the PMU bec output.

Boris

@Boris

the receiver gets it power from Naza D-Bus, only need to connect the s-bus cable

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
haha three builds up to now but i didn't consider that :) always power the receiver separately and only connect the s.bus cable

jetforce

FLY HIGH AND STAY HIGH
:tennis: i did that also at the first two build, but the I considered, that if the FC los it`s power its out anyway:dejection:. So now I only use the Futaba Factory S-Bus cable.

toptweaks

@Boris

the receiver gets it power from Naza D-Bus, only need to connect the s-bus cable

@jetforce thank you for conforming this steps. i was a'aa another connection hurm ... hehe

@Boris thank you for your tips at least we have every each one in here to double check back the steps to complete this ....

thank you guys !

elorest

Where would I get an sbus cable to connect the R6203SB to the naza? I have everything that came with both of them including one weird cable that plugs into sbus on the receiver with both a male and female sbus connection on the other side of an on/off switch. Not sure if thats what I'm supposed to use or not. Seems like it was made for something else. I don't need an on off switch between my receiver and controller.

paktazh

Hi everone is the Futaba s-Bus doing all the job that a traddtional Futab Rx does any problem since I use gimbal I belive some body long time inn one of the post that read said that he moved back to tradtional Rx due to some problem of the S-Bus with the DJi Naza?????????????????? does any one has any problem ??????????????????

Olemil

Where would I get an sbus cable to connect the R6203SB to the naza? I have everything that came with both of them including one weird cable that plugs into sbus on the receiver with both a male and female sbus connection on the other side of an on/off switch. Not sure if thats what I'm supposed to use or not. Seems like it was made for something else. I don't need an on off switch between my receiver and controller.
You can use any standard servo cable to connect your rx to the naza. I like using Futaba cables since they have the tabbed housings so you can't hook them up backwards, and nice thing is the Naza cables have the Futaba housings on them. I ended up using a cable that came with my GY-520 gyro since it was a little heavier gauge wire and longer for the location I installed my rx.

Olemil

Hi everone is the Futaba s-Bus doing all the job that a traddtional Futab Rx does any problem since I use gimbal I belive some body long time inn one of the post that read said that he moved back to tradtional Rx due to some problem of the S-Bus with the DJi Naza?????????????????? does any one has any problem ??????????????????
No problems using my S-Bus rx but I am not using a gimbal so I can't comment on that.

There are no issues re: Futaba s-bus and Naza or WooKong M. I have both + Futaba T8FG Super as well as another 8 channnel s-bus receiver by FrSky all works 100% all the time. BTW - The Futaba twisted 3 conductor servo cables are twisted so as to minimize rfi/emi noise interference....... just an extra precaution that is likely unnecessary for such short distances and such little potential risk. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twisted_pair

I use the 6208 s.bus connection to my F450+Naza+Gimbal, as well as my S800+WKM (with Z15 on separate 6208). I haven't had issues with either setup.

paktazh

Is it plug and play ? Is there any manual for S bus since I bought it on ebay nothing came with it and want to know how to assign a swtich to each channel Thanks

PNP - stands for plug and pray!!

Yes there are excellent manuals here: http://www.dji-innovations.com/products/naza-multi-rotor/downloads/

Start by completing the hardwire connections as per page 8 (DJI d.bus is equivalent to Futaba s.bus) don't look at ppm connections.

You don't have to be a member of MENSA to construct and fly MRs but it can sure help!

The real challenge is with the configuration of your RC radio transmitter. But the following might help.....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ck3tu-4UVgg

Then search for part 2 which deals with the NAZA assistant screens.

Is it plug and play ? Is there any manual for S bus since I bought it on ebay nothing came with it and want to know how to assign a swtich to each channel Thanks

Peter posted the same references I was going to. Just to add...
With S.bus you cannot use any channel you wish. As Peter said, you will need to assign the transmitter to use specific channel numbers since you can no longer wire the receiver output to the Naza input you wish. For example, channel 1 has to be your roll (ailerons).

ChrisViperM

Short theory about S-Bus:

S-bus was invented by futaba to minimize the servo wiring in larger RC-Aircrafts.....the idea behind was to have only one data-stream (like in CAN-bus systems for cars) coming from the transmitter, where the signals are coded with "adresses", so only the servo with the matching adress would react. For a S-Bus system in RC aircrafts you would need 3 things: 1) S-Bus receiver 2) programmable S-bus servos 3) s-bus hubs...... see the picture:

View attachment 11427

The S-Bus system in connection with Naza or WooKong is more of a "work-around" to reduce wires between Naza and receiver.....but it's got a back-draw....you have to use the channels like stated in the manuals since in the Naza/Wookong you can't programm "adresses" like in S-Bus servos.....you have to take it as it is. For example: In Naza/Wookong throttle is on channel 3, so your transmitter has to use channel 3 for the throttle stick. In Futaba Tx's it's easy....when you set up a new model in the transmitter, the channels are set already in the right Naza/Wookong channel pattern (since it is a standard in all Futaba Transmitters when setting up a new model), but in other transmitter brands (HoTT, Spectrum, Aurora....) the channels must be set to comply with the Naza/Wookong channel pattern....no way to change that. I hope DJI will change that in the future.

Since this question comes up many times in connection with S-Bus: While S-Bus receivers are connected via S-Bus cable (normal servo cable) to Naza/Wookong, the "normal or traditional" servo connectors on the transmitter are a "mirror" of the S-Bus channels. If throttle is on channel 3 in S-Bus, than throttle is also on the "traditional" channel 3.....so it's not possible to have a "mixed channel" set-up

Chris

Attachments

• sbus-diagram-lg.jpg
    sbus-diagram-lg.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 753

Good info from ChrisViperM and ProPilotWannaBe...
Here is a bit more on this topic.......

Futaba makes the bulk of it's money from their industrial products line which includes wireless overhead crane control.....

From that world they gained valuable insight into ProfiBus, FieldBus and CanBus which are all derivatives of the original Modbus (a time based communication protocol). s.bus and d.bus fall under the same categories. T

The end user does not have the option to swap the channels around for Naza or WKM controllers because the interelating databases and/or read/write registers are firmly established in the higher level programming which remains proprietary. Despite some present day constraints to the end user both Futaba and DJI are forward thinking in this regard as these methods help to reduce MR weight and space requirements especially as they move forward.

While s.bus and d.bus are regarded as proprietary, there are many hobby level coders working with MR programming, e.g., Ardurino open source etc. who have already developed low cost black boxes etc. to work with s.bus and d.bus and provide protocol converters to get around most of these constraints.