DJI GPS vs Eagle Tree GPS? Are there interference issues running 2 GPS units?

Sar

I'm planning on moving my FPV setup from my glider to my DJI multirotor. Since I can't integrate the GPSs together and use only one(to my knowledge), does anyone know if the units will interfere with each other? Most of my experience is with the downlink or other electronics interfering with the GPS but I've never had to think about having two GPS units running on one airframe. I use an antenna tracker for my FPV system so I do need the GPS data from the Eagle Tree downlink. Being receivers I could assume they won't interfere with each other, but I know systems like this have their own internal oscillators and the possibility of generating their own RF noise as a result.

The easiest solution is to 'just do it and see' but that's a bit in the future and it never hurts to check with people who've already done it.

Tahoe Ed

I have not tried my Eagle Tree GPS/OSD on my DJI WKM. I have done it with my MK. On the MK, it works well. I have the GPS unit mounted on the front boom of my hexa. I don't see why it would not work similarly on the DJI.

Sar

Thanks, I guess I'll just give it a try and see what happens. Worst case scenario isn't going to crash the MC so moving on forward :D