Hello from North Vancouver

Pete80

My name is Peter,

Just in the process of building my first multirotor, it is in the form of a hexa.
It has rctimer 2836/9 motors, hobbywing 30a speed controls... just waiting for a few more parts to fly in from hong kong... haha... including a dji naza.

Noticed there is a wealth of info on here to access and contribute to so i decided to join up!

Hello everyone!

Pete

Tomstoy2

Hey, Pete! Glad to meet you! I'm Tom, from Colorado. I've been to Vancouver before, a really beautiful place.

This IS the place to be for multi-rotors. A really great bunch of people, always willing to help out. They have helped me with issues that stumped me a few times.
Plus, just cruizing thru the threads you will pick up a wealth of information from just about every aspect of this hobby.

Feel free to post a build thread of your hex, we love to see how others do things, gets the ol' cerative juices flowing.

Any questions on how you do anything, or you get stumped, just ask away. I guess you can say the unofficial motto here is to get you flying as fast as possible.

So, what do you want out of your hex, sport flying, photography, videography, fpv?

Pete80

Nice to meet you Tom,

Thanks, Vancouver is a really beautiful place, so is your neck of the woods.... but try and buy a house here.. its insane!!! lol

I have already learned so much from this forum, there are so many posts on here i haven't had to ask any questions... yet! :)

I will be sure to start a build thread shortly to show off all my great ebay/hong kong parts... and how they are all going together!

The plan is to start off with sport flying until i get the hang of it... then get into some fpv which i think is VERY cool.. I have a spectrum dx7 radio that i am going to eventually install a wifi amplifier on... 2-3 watt... I have read that they work well. Possibly upgrade to a uhf setup when i feel like going further. Going to get an eagletree osd probably when i get into fpv unless someone directs me in another direction.

Pete

Pete, I live in coquitlam and i too am awaiting my kit lol, best be here by friday.... Im starting out my multirotor experience with a naza flamewheel 450 setup. I have some experience with my 2 helis but i really want to grab some cool video of some buddy rippin the trails on whistler so im ginna throw the ol gopro onboard, maybe we can fly sometime, i frequent upper lonsdale as my old man lives there, Later man

Sent from my GT-I9100M using Tapatalk

Pete80

Hey Elliott, sounds good! We can go fly some time... i also have a trex 450 pro clone.... have you ever had a chance to fly one without 3gx? Just wondering how much different it is.

Pete

Pete, Yes I have flown w/o 3gx, my first heli was a 450 pro flybarred, had a pretty good crash and decided instead of dropping 200 id drop 450 and get a 450 pro 3gx v2 from my local guy, difference is pretty big on the 450 especially since im still quite new. The 3gx was far easier to handle. I also have a 550 pro w/ 3gx which i love, shoots great video with a mount i rigged up but im not comfortable hovering it over my friends head while they ride towards it lol, so im trying out the quad situation!

Pete80

I have had a few good crashes myself with mine... lots of repairs! haha... still not great at flying the 450 yet, i am kinda hoping that flying the more stable platform will help with the skills on the other one, have been thinking about the flybarless setup too maybe...

I can understand about not flying the 550 around your buddies heads... that would hurt!!! lol