Question to New firmwire naza 1.4 (Date: 2012.02.03)

stpfl

Helo!

Does anyone know if they changed the motor cut off issue when throttle is under 10% in atti mode in the newer firmwire?
In my Opinion this is a Great Risk and Bug... if planning a fast decend for instance...

I want to know because my naza system is on the way :)

thanks for any reply

Bigcats30

it has two cut off modes................immediate (which is what your thinking of) and intelligent. use intelligent I can assure you it isn't a problem.

Bigcats30

it doesnt do it for me and I flew 6 batterys through mine today.......and putting your copter under 10% for 2 secs of power will have her on the floor anyway......you need 50% of power just to hover so you have 40% under that to play with...i assure you its not a problem.

RCNut

I usually fly in ATTI mode and I've never had a problem on decent.

According to page 13 of the updated instructions that go with the latest firmware v1.04 (which I haven't installed yet):

* In IMMEDIATE mode (in both MANUAL and ATTI settings) the motors will stop if the throttle is reduced below 10% but will restart if you push the throttle back above 10% within 5 seconds.

* In INTELLIGENT mode with the switch set to MANUAL, the motors will NOT stop in flight unless you execute the CSC. This implies that even with the throttle below 10% the motors will keep idling.

* In INTELLIGENT mode with the switch set to ATTI, the motors will NOT stop in flight unless
a) throttle is below 10% AND you've landed or
b) throttle is below 10% AND the quad angle exceeds 70 degrees (implying out-of-control flight).

This also implies that except at extreme attitudes, the motors will not stop in flight even with the throttle below 10%.
Of course if you execute the CSC in flight they will stop.