WooKong- M Problem

I'm having a strange issue with my Quad and WooKong-M. After 60 seconds or so the quad will slowly turn left and I have to apply rudder or trim to correct than another 30 seconds later it will again start turning left, I apply more trim. Or sometimes after applying trim the quad will make a very quick turn to the left almost as if I slammed the rudder stick the the left. I'm in atti mode when this happens. Any thoughts on what may be causing this?

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
Hi Spratan,

can you give a little more infos on your setup and which firmware version you are running on your WKM. Have you observed your TX config in the WKM config tool if anything is strange there ! If this happens in attitude mode i dont think it has anything to do with the compass ! I have flown my quad several times in attitude mode without the gps module attached. But who knows, additionall try to recalibrate the compass and see if it still happens.

Boris

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
Denny whats you take on this. Does WKM use the digital compass in attitude mode. I am not sure because i have flown my quad in atti. without the module and didnt really get any unwanted yaws. At the same time i was flying inside so I had no influences on the copter that could have caused it toe yaw !

Boris

I have tried doing a compass calibration but still get the same results. I running the latest firmware available from DJI server. I don't see anything funny on the software when I look at the radio settings.
  • Hoverthings Quad frame
  • RC Timer motors
  • RC Timer Esc

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
Those it also happen when you are flying in manual mode ? Can you rule out any mechanical problems ? Different ESC configuration. Are you sure they are all calibrated and configured the same way ?

Boris

lperagallo

hobby-drones.com
this sounds like there is a motor or ESC issue if it yaws. Look for a weak motor in the opposite direction of the yaw.

Lou