S-800 frame and the DJI gimbal....

srbell

Any Idea when these items are coming out? I was looking at a Cinestar 6, but this setup looks pretty nice.

UAVproducts

Formerly DJIUSA
I'm waiting for an exact release date. Most likely March with the new gimbal. As soon as we here something we will post it.

Last edited by a moderator:

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
I thought the same but didn't follow the thought in disbelieve. Would be very cool though and certainly possible ! Seem like if the motor mounts stay the way they are at the moment, they will bring some motors out or rebrand some that fit specificly to the frame

Boris

jffry7

aka TruckBasher
I think its interlocking pins. doesnt seem to have connectors I found this video.

[video]http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMzQzNTA1MzA4.html[/video]
cant find youtube videos yet

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
I was talking about 2:18 It looks like there is some cooper or whatever worked in. That would be a strange way and very delicate thin to be interlocking to give stability. We will see.
Only seen one frame up to now that had the motor cables and connectors worked into the booms and not a one time custom frame (cant find the link anymore).

Boris

UAVproducts

Formerly DJIUSA

Attachments

• Picture 27.jpg
    Picture 27.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 272

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
If done in a good way it could be a great way to reduce weight and if the distribution board is also integrated in one of the centerplates it could be a winner ! Imagine one Lipo cable to the centerplate and the rest of the wiring concerning ECS and motors kept to absolute minimum. Would be nice, but i think it is wish full thinking :)

UAVproducts

Formerly DJIUSA
If done in a good way it could be a great way to reduce weight and if the distribution board is also integrated in one of the centerplates it could be a winner ! Imagine one Lipo cable to the centerplate and the rest of the wiring concerning ECS and motors kept to absolute minimum. Would be nice, but i think it is wish full thinking :)

I think its not that far from it being a practical reality. Looking at the DJI Quad and Hexa the bottom plate is the Dist. board. Its so easy to build the DJI Quad and Hexa. Makes it a very clean install. I would expect either way the bottom plate to also be a Dist. board on the S800. Pure speculation at this point.

I think with the DJI system requirements many new frame designs will evolve.

I'm still just waiting for that Zenmuse gimbal. It could really be the game changer.

Attachments

• DJIF550HexBuild2.jpg
    DJIF550HexBuild2.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 277

srbell

What are those carbon props shown with the S-800 frame? After many years of RC jets and BVM draining my bank account I thought I was immune to carbon lust. Obviously not.