Blade Quad mQX

rwilabee

Anyone else bought one of the new little Blade Quad mQXs. I picked one up took it to the flying field to test it out and it is a blast to fly. It will loop and roll and flies really good outside. I'm also having fun with it in the house. I got the bind and fly so I could use my DX7.

Rich

Kilby

I'm waiting for LHS to get them in stock. Seems like a great way to have some indoor fun during the cold windy winter months.

rwilabee

It is stable in hover but it doesn't take much to get it to move in any direction so you just have to have a light touch on the sticks or it could get away from you. I added about 30% little expo on my DX7. I might back that down a bit after I get more flight time with it.

Rich

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
I've been annoying the dogs flying mine in the house. I've been wanting an indoor quad that was quiet enough to fly inside and not disturb the rest of the house as well as not blow anything not tied down into the furthest corners of the room, the mQX is perfect for what I want.

When I picked mine up at the LHS I flew the demo inside the store as well as outside, it does work outdoors but its so light the smallest amount of wind can carry it off in unintended directions so you really need to pay attention.

Best part of flying indoors is the 10 plus minute battery life, and I've flown it to 14 minutes before LVC forced a landing.

Ken

rwilabee

Yes I know what you mean about the breeze. I flew mine in a light breeze when I did the loops and rolls and really had to stay on top of it, but lots of fun.

Rich

combatxe2

My MQX just arrived to add to my growing quad collection.
must say really quite surprised with how agile this little thing is, the flips and loops are going to take some practice but its a blast to fly, also means im not grounded if the weather stops play outside....:0)

dolby

Needs more bacon!
Yeah this is a fun little quad, its pretty strong too. I've handed it over to some little cousins and family members for them to try and it hasn't broken on a crash yet. I dont think its heavy enough to hurt it self on crashing.