Wookong M waypoint

Gunter

Draganflyer X4
Has anyone used the new waypoint system yet? I know it's probably pretty rock solid and works like a charm, but I just wanted to know if anyone had any experience with it.

My partner and I have had a load of new enquiries for surveying building sites etc, one which is 500 acres...it's a bit daunting when we haven't even installed the system yet! It will be going on this weekend and will get a proper testing. Problem is the people want us to start middle of next month!

Please don't let me be the first to try this out!!

Gunter.

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
Has anyone used the new waypoint system yet? I know it's probably pretty rock solid and works like a charm, but I just wanted to know if anyone had any experience with it.

My partner and I have had a load of new enquiries for surveying building sites etc, one which is 500 acres...it's a bit daunting when we haven't even installed the system yet! It will be going on this weekend and will get a proper testing. Problem is the people want us to start middle of next month!

Please don't let me be the first to try this out!!

Gunter.

I have it but haven't gotten to use it yet. New Years day was to be the first flight via Click and Go waypoint, unfortunately the day ended in wobble and crash rather than click and go! Now that the CS6 is back in the air I'll be giving it another go at the first opportunity, hopefully this weekend if the weather cooperates. I want to be out in the middle of a BIG field when I let it go fly off on its own, just like I did the first time I did a waypoint flight with my MK Hexa.

Ken

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
Gunter if you try it out first i will make the graphical explanation again of how it works :)

I am still undecided if I should get the waypoint setup or not. I remember although having the possibility with the MK that i never used it once. But it would be fun.
What really would be interesting is to see how good the results are to let bird fly in full AV setup and to see the captured video. If the behavior between the points speed acceleration etc, are programmable good enough to get somewhat close results to manual flying.

Boris

Gunter

Draganflyer X4
Well, hopefully it will all be set up this weekend and ready to fly. I don't want to rush it, rather take my time and make sure it doesn't crash!

Regards,

Gunter.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gunter

Draganflyer X4
Boris/Ken, have one of you tried installing the base station on a 64 bit windows 7 platform? I tried last night but it didn't seem to work, not sure if I was doing something wrong??

Regards,

Gunter.

Gunter

Draganflyer X4
Thanks David...that's what I was dreading.

Regards,

Gunter.

gadgetkeith

likes gadgets
hi Gunter

try doing a search for programme called ( virtual machine ) its by microsoft

will let you run xp and 32bit stuff on win 7 64bit machine with a bit less hassle

keith

Last edited by a moderator:

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
Thanks David...that's what I was dreading.

Regards,

Gunter.

Top of page 9 in the Ground Station user manual "Operating system requirement: Windows XP, Vista, 7 (32-bits only)"

I've got the datalink with Waypoint setup on my Droidworx AD6 and it seems to be working reliably, on the bench at least. If I can get a break in the crap weather we're having I'll give it try outside, I want to see this thing do a complete flight from takeoff to landing using just the netbook as the controller. I might have to rig up a joystick so I can fly video game style once I see it work ;)

Ken

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
hi Gunter

try doing a serch for programme called ( virtual machine ) its by microsoft

will let you run xp and 32bit stuff on win 7 64bit machine with a bit less hassle

keith

That's fine for non-critical apps but I'm not sure its such a good idea for controlling an aircraft in real time.

Ken

Gunter

Draganflyer X4
hi Gunter

try doing a search for programme called ( virtual machine ) its by microsoft

keith

Keith, someone at my work has just said the same thing, but then a Ken mentioned, is it reliable enough to put your trust in? I'll give it a try, but also see if I have a spare copy of win 7 32 bit I can install.

Regards,

Gunter.

gadgetkeith

likes gadgets
hi Gunter

prob better as ken said to take a netbook / notebook running xp or vista 32bit when out flying

but to have it up and running on your indoor home system to look through and mission plan etc should run it ok

keith

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
I had a small window of opportunity to get the Droidworx AD6 out in the backyard to test the datalink and Ground Station, the first step to doing a full test of Click and Go Waypoint.

All went well, I was able to connect the ground station to the WKM via the 900 mHz datalink with no problem, AD6 was sitting on the ground with full GPS lock and ready to go. Next I used the TX to put the WKM in a position hold hover about 6 feet in the air, the changed control to the ground station, and from there I was able to move in all horizontal and vertical directions just by using the keyboard. When not using keystrokes to move the AD6 it sat at the last commanded position in GPS position hold and altitude hold.

I then did a find aircraft and the Google map on the screen gave me a good shot of my backyard in summer time and within a couple meters of the actual positon of the WKM. I set the home position and was able to bring up click and go, I was only a couple keystrokes/mouseclicks away from sending the AD6 off to a remote waypoint.

Unfortunately by this time a 20+ mph wind had sprung up from the north, bringing a cold front with sub freezeing temps down from our neighbors up in Canada. With gusts into the 30 mph range it was no longer safe to fly and even returning control to the TX I had a handful keeping the hex within the fenced in confines of the backyard, time to land and wait for better conditions.

For a first try I have to say everything worked as it should with no glitches or difficulties getting it do what I wanted. I'm pretty confident that waypoint flight will go just as smoothly when I finally get the opportunity to give it a go. Conditions permitting I'll try get video of the Ground station screen and the AD6 when that happens. After that I'll revisit waypoint flight in the MK world so I can compare the two. I know at the moment Mk has more features but I think the DJI may have an edge in accuracy from what I've seen of the RTH capability.

More to follow...

Ken

Gunter

Draganflyer X4
Nice to know Ken. I am still waiting for my serial number before I can activate the click and go, but everything is now ready for it. I formatted the netbook and installed win7 professional 32 bit and managed to get all the new drivers installed and then the base station and assistant. I even managed to fit the gopro with video tx and install everything into the base station to get live video. Hopefully the weather is going to be good tomorrow!

Regards,

Gunter.

Gunter

Draganflyer X4
Just wondering about the LED...when you connect the transmitter for the base station, there's no space for the LED...I suppose you take this off now because you have telemetry on the screen?

Tahoe Ed

Just wondering about the LED...when you connect the transmitter for the base station, there's no space for the LED...I suppose you take this off now because you have telemetry on the screen?

????? Not sure what you mean about the LED. You are talking about the Tx for the Ground Station, the only LED's are on the Tx at the bottom. I mount my Tx on the back of my Netbooks screen with velcro. It keeps everything compact. If you are talking about the aerial Tx then you can keep the LED. It plugs into the port on the Tx. Sorry but I don't understand. Actually now I might, you are using 2.4gHz vs the 900mHz. It only has one CanBus port. You can still use the LED plugged into the CanBus on the GPS/Compass. Let me know if that is the question, or give us some additional clarification. Hope your weather improves. I was going to test mine today but we have 20-30mph winds with gusts. Not good testing weather. Sunday is supposed to be better.

Gunter

Draganflyer X4
I mean the main LED that shows low battery, gps etc on the WKM. I only have one spare port which is where the LED used to plug into, where the ground station transmitter now plugs in. Yes, it's the 2.4 system.

I can't test it yet because I'm still waiting for the number from the dealer.

We had lovely weather today, not a breath of wind and lovely sunshine. I did a flight which is busy uploading now. I also took a series of shots to create a panorama, I'll get onto stitching those together later. First one, fingers crossed!

Regards,

Gunter.

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
I mean the main LED that shows low battery, gps etc on the WKM. I only have one spare port which is where the LED used to plug into, where the ground station transmitter now plugs in. Yes, it's the 2.4 system.

I can't test it yet because I'm still waiting for the number from the dealer.

We had lovely weather today, not a breath of wind and lovely sunshine. I did a flight which is busy uploading now. I also took a series of shots to create a panorama, I'll get onto stitching those together later. First one, fingers crossed!

Regards,

Gunter.

If you're using the power module you should have enough ports to keep everything connected with the data link installed. I have the 900 mHz that has two ports so I just routed the LED through the data link and it works fine that way.

If you're not using the power module you may have problems with datalink/ground station as it monitors voltage on the WKM, without the power module I don't know if it can correctly read the voltage or if it would even work.

Ken

Last edited by a moderator:

Gunter

Draganflyer X4
Yes Ken, I was being a donut! I don't have the PMU connected, but I did try to see if it all went together and thought I was a hole short. After a quick check tonight I see I can get it all together... Cue the partial strip down to disconnect the red esc wire and get it all connected... Bah!

Regards,

Gunter.

I see a EU vendor (the one that offers no help) selling DJI 20 waypoints for 1349. Had no idea that multi-waypoints were released.