building hexacopter with DJI WKM

rwilabee

You can download the manual from the DJI web site.

Rich

but unfortunately the seller did not send me the DJI WKM manual I have to find out the electric configuration I build a xaircraft v8 a Gaui 500 they both had cross wired like red to yellow yellow to red but in the rest red to red yellow to yellow

paktazh

what do u think of this esc to use instead of 30A (Tiger Motors 40A ESC - 3A/6V BEC - NON-SWITCHABLE! )
since he is out of stock for 30a it is 2 weeks passed and still i thought I should get this since it is the same price of 30A but would that be good with those motor that I already bought? what do u think any idea or I should wait to get 30a by the way would one be able to proggrame these ESC just so it does not drain the battery less then 3v

Last edited by a moderator:

what do u think of this esc to use instead of 30A (Tiger Motors 40A ESC - 3A/6V BEC - NON-SWITCHABLE! )
since he is out of stock for 30a it is 2 weeks passed and still i thought I should get this since it is the same price of 30A but would that be good with those motor that I already bought? what do u think any idea or I should wait to get 30a

also have you did any more video shooting with ur Hex if so let me know if it is in You tub
thanks

Hi Paktazh
i don't see any problem testing with other brand…. there are lot of discussion lately related to esc issues and best brand stand out …i would go for Hobbywing or Maytech

No video at this moment too busy with the kids and a work ….. Guess what ! i drop other 3k for new radio Futaba 18mz
in regards to radio having some problem with the existing receivers to bind…..
shiu

paktazh

wiring

Hi
I got the motors today and some Tiger ESC
The tiger ESc looks like need to be Soldered in both side can u plz let me know how you connected the esc i assume the 3 black wire of ESC go to 3 black wire of motor and i have to Solder it ? then which wire did you connect the red and black ? the meddle wire i think goes to dji wkm did u use the xaircraft wire connector and how did u connected your both battery to it at once Do u have some pictures Bro or video or a map of wiring?
Thanks

Hi Paktazh,
please can you attached picture of the ESC's, need to be soldered both side ? I'm not sure what do you mean by…mind came with the bullet connectors same with the motors …
shiu

paktazh

IMG_0406.jpg

paktazh

I have to buy those connectors this company also send me the wrong motor I picked (Tiger Motors MT-2216-11 800KV) but i got the Tiger Motors MT-2216-12 800KV does the 12 make any differences is that mean 12 v AND 11 MEANS 11 V ? sorry bro I am not good with electric

it should be fine….make sure all six are same ( mind is old version ) because i bought other four more for my quad no wrappers around the motors ,it has been printed on the body ….we are here to help…! check your pm ( inbox) i did sent quick message last night

paktazh

I Build the frame part by using the xaircraft bottom fuselage looks good and installed all 6 tiger motors but I got only 3 Tiger Motors 30A ESC - 2A/5V BEC since clubheli is out of stock and they are waiting to get some more from China there are not that many places selling Tiger ESC also waiting to get the connector that I bought on Ebay for those 3 esc that I already got
Regarding the battery so r u using 2 of the 3s 5000 but do u know if they are 20c/30c/40c ????????? that u r using
do u know anywhere else to sell those tiger ESC ?
thanks in advance

Hi,
I'm looking forward to it….! i can't remember now … there was a site in U.K who carries the Tiger motors and Escs, when i purchased directly contacted the Tiger motors ( name of the contact Julia she refer to Club Heli)at that time they don't even have on their web site i had to wait almost a month i guess you have to wait, just like i did :02.47-tranquillity:

battery brand name- Venom 2x 3s 5000mah ( 35c) and other brand zippy from Hobby King 30c excellent batteries max fly time 12 minutes still 80% of charged remain in the battery

Shiu

paktazh

Hi Exopackshiu
here we are finally I got everything the ESC the frame the connector and so on could u plz let me know your electric connection specially using 2 batteries and so on thanks in advance

Vojec

Hi guys,
Have problem how to wiring t-motors with t-motors 30A ESC. Is there specific procedure or you can random solder wires from motors to ESC, because all 3 wires from both motors and ESC are black. If I compare Gaui wiring there is black, red and yellow wire. And for 1,3 motors goes red-red, yellow-yellow, black-black and for 2,4 motor like yellow-yellow, red-black, black-red for spinning in different direction.

Any help welcome,

Vojc

PaNt

you put them as you want and then you check if it turns right... if not you change two of three and it will reverse.!

Vojec

Thank you. What you prefer: Solder wires (cut wire) between motors and ESC or use bullet connectors (leave longer wires)?

PaNt

i dont know my friend..! i am new to multirotors.. today i ordered mine.:p

But i think that i will put bullets and then a heatshink.>!

Vojec

I must cut bullet connector off if I want put wires into boom. Use Mikrokopter octo XL frame. Have small square booms. Thanks anyway for help...