Nickoburg

Help!!
I have just built my first drone (3D printed) and have got it flying- it all works except for the front left motor will randomly cut out for a split second, which is enough to flip the whole drone before it powers back up and hurtles towards the ground .I have a 4in1 ESC, wired to a PDB and finally an F3 FC on the top. The PDB and FC have both been changed yet it is still happening. I use a 1800mAh 75C 11.1v 3s battery (and have used a 1300mAh 25C 11.1v 3s and it still happens). It doesn't happen when I take the props off and put it full power on the desk, but it will happen nearly ever time I fly it (low and slow as I am a newbie to this) anyone have any ideas of what I could check? I have already spent too much money and so changing the ESC and Motor to test it would be my last resort.
Thanks
NJ

JCDSparky

Help!!
I have just built my first drone (3D printed) and have got it flying- it all works except for the front left motor will randomly cut out for a split second, which is enough to flip the whole drone before it powers back up and hurtles towards the ground .I have a 4in1 ESC, wired to a PDB and finally an F3 FC on the top. The PDB and FC have both been changed yet it is still happening. I use a 1800mAh 75C 11.1v 3s battery (and have used a 1300mAh 25C 11.1v 3s and it still happens). It doesn't happen when I take the props off and put it full power on the desk, but it will happen nearly ever time I fly it (low and slow as I am a newbie to this) anyone have any ideas of what I could check? I have already spent too much money and so changing the ESC and Motor to test it would be my last resort.
Thanks
NJ

Great job on gettting it built and flying but It would be better to know which motors your using please??
Have you bench tested the motors at all? Or maybe removed and dissassembled the motor in question.
Secondly you could swap the motor position with the one that isn't cutting out and try it to narrow down the issue to either the motor in question or if it is the FC??
JCDSparky

Nickoburg

Great job on gettting it built and flying but It would be better to know which motors your using please??
Have you bench tested the motors at all? Or maybe removed and dissassembled the motor in question.
Secondly you could swap the motor position with the one that isn't cutting out and try it to narrow down the issue to either the motor in question or if it is the FC??
JCDSparky

I will change the motors around and see what happens! I need to print a new frame first as when it crashed from cutting out, it broke again!
I am running Racerstar Racing Edition 2300kv BR2205 motors and a racerstar RS20Ax4 4 in 1 ESC.
I have tried it on the bench with no props and haven't been able to see it occur, though this may just be because it is too subtle to see easily.
I haven't disassembled the motor as I am new to this and wouldn't know what I'm looking for :/
I will swap two of the motors and see if it's due to the ESC (can't be the FC as this has been changed- along with the PDB), or the motor. I'm doing it all on a budget as this is for my application to Uni and so it may be a while before I can replace the faulty part. Thanks for the reply :) I'll reply again with what happens! :D any other thoughts?