Motors spin on arming?

Kilby

I just installed my DJI and i notice that the motors start to spin as soon as it's armed. If I don't touch the sticks, it disarms and they stop, but in about 1 second instead of the 3 I think it's supposed to take. I don't have props on so it's hard to tell, but they don't seem to be spinning very fast, not enough to get off the ground.

Is this normal? I thought I must have something tweaked out in my radio settings, but can't find anything out of the ordinary.

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
I just installed my DJI and i notice that the motors start to spin as soon as it's armed. If I don't touch the sticks, it disarms and they stop, but in about 1 second instead of the 3 I think it's supposed to take. I don't have props on so it's hard to tell, but they don't seem to be spinning very fast, not enough to get off the ground.

Is this normal? I thought I must have something tweaked out in my radio settings, but can't find anything out of the ordinary.

If you're in ATTI or GPS mode, then yes it's normal. Only in manual mode do the motors not start up as soon as it's armed.

Ken