MK vs. DJI adv list

DennyR

i got hooked when i saw jose julios clip of his small quad with a sonar and he and a mate were kinda playing tennis with it.

i bought a bunch of bits from 3DR, then more bits, then more, then a MK hexa, then other stuff - the pile grew. I bought parts cases to keep everything sorted (compulsive obsessive behaviour trait), more tools, more bits, i designed a quad frame and tried various ways of making it, i bought a radio, then another one, then more receivers.

i had a huge pile of bits, some part finished quads a finished mk hexa2 and an awful lot of printouts of wiki pages, forum threads etc etc.

to be honest the arducopter took about 10 months to see a proper flight and although the hexa2 was up and flying quickly i'm still dumbfounded by most of the mktool settings.

however, it's a hobby so all the above should be (and for me) is the enjoyable bit. When there's better weather and i get better at flying it'll be even more fun. Lets not discount Minsoo Kim as he has been moving on quite a bit lately

Embrace the chaos, but keep it all in compartmented boxes/shelves or i'll know… :dread:

David
Great ground school with APM it will soon be the best out there. Jason has been doing a fantastic job. Once the hardware is there it will be a very advanced concept.

Last edited by a moderator:

Interesting to see so many negative comments regarding MK. I'm new to multis so my perspective is limited and I don't pretend to know all the politics but I've been impressed with the support from Holger. Not only from the replies to my PM's on the .de forum but his participation in those forums as well. Among a lot of the nonsense posted there by users of questionable intelligence he obviously reads it all and replies when it adds value. If I were him I'd be tired of the constant newbie questions, zany suggestions and pointed criticism. For a small operation that started as a hobby industry not long ago that joint has made some pretty incredible technology.

I was really surprised at the performance I was able to get building a okto for the first time not knowing a thing about these machines. I wonder if I would have had an even better experience doing it with a DJI FC system? I will say that the fragile nature of the MK boards is a concern. It's a drag having to worry about exposed IC's, bumping SMD parts, moisture and shorts. I can see the true advantage of an integrated electronics package in an enclosure.