Basic Gain

rwilabee

I have the Basic Gain up to 130% with no ill effects is there any benefit to taking it up higher. I haven't messed with vertical and left it on 100%

Rich

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
I have the Basic Gain up to 130% with no ill effects is there any benefit to taking it up higher. I haven't messed with vertical and left it on 100%

Rich

Depends on the multi, my Y6 is a beast at any gain less than 200, usually I have it set up around 300% for best all around stability.

Ken

GGoodrum

I agree with Ken, it really depends on the AUW weight. My VC-600-X8 weighs 2953 gm and I initially set my gains to 150%, with all the basic gains tied to a knob. It had a quite a bit of oscillation, when I first flew it, so I dialed it down to where it stopped oscillating. I then hooked it back up to the Assistant, to read the values and where I dialed it down to ended up being 130%. I also played with the Attitude gains, and ended up at 85%.

-- Gary

RotorMan

I have an issue of oscillating. First i used default settings of 100% on all basic gain,is it safe if i try setting them all at 50% or do i need to set it higher than 100%? I have quad setup with 12x3.8 prop and my other frame setup 10x4.7. First time user of WK-M

Gunter

Draganflyer X4
I have an issue of oscillating. First i used default settings of 100% on all basic gain,is it safe if i try setting them all at 50% or do i need to set it higher than 100%? I have quad setup with 12x3.8 prop and my other frame setup 10x4.7. First time user of WK-M

Best to set in increments of 10%. If you want to go down, try 90% then 80%. From what I have seen though, most people use gains of over 100%.

Gunter.