Need help switching from 1-man to 2-man config with Taranis and Alexmos

I already have an 2nd controller. Still not working.

Just got info from a distributor who says they have had problems with the motors on these gear. I'm currently looking at the Foxtech Pivot V2.

Say, Wolf, completely off topic, would you happen to know anything about Basecam gimbal controllers? I can not get my Home Position swith to work like it should.

violetwolf

Damn, that's not good news for me lol.. But thanks for taking the time to pass the info along. I will keep an eye on them. I've already cycled them about 100 times. So far so good. But I think I'll keep them down for the shots that I don't need them retracted for. As luck will have it I think I can get away with that most of the time while single-handing as I will mostly be in yaw follow mode and the gear stay out of the shot.

I've had plenty of dealings with Mr Fu and Foxtech back to their earliest startup days, and can put in a good word for him. Solid guy trying hard to make quality products.

violetwolf

Say, Wolf, completely off topic, would you happen to know anything about Basecam gimbal controllers? I can not get my Home Position swith to work like it should.

I gave up on Basecam a long time ago so I can't offer any useful input. I'm using Phobotic these days myself (but I'm a dealer)

Last edited by a moderator:

Yup, that's my strategy too. Keep em down when possible, as an extra level of protection. But, when we go 2-man, that gear needs to be up.

Glad to hear what you said about Foxtech. I've always had good luck with them. (knocking on wood!)

I gave up on Basecam a long time ago so I can't offer any useful input. I'm using Phobotic these days myself (but I'm a dealer)
Actually, everything on this gimbal, with encoders, is working really well, exvept the Home Position switch. I'm learning now that the behavior I'm seeing is actually exactly what that function is supposed to do. But, I've also learned that the latest version of the firmware added a function that resets the gimbal position when the motors are turned on. So, I made a new switch that very quickly turns the motors off and then back on, and it works. The gimbal now resets its position on all the axis', according to copter orientation. Of course, this is only working, thus far, on my bench at home. I'll be testing it later today, in the air. And I worry a little that turning the motors on and off like that, in flight, might damage the motors?