Calibrate Mode

rwilabee

My Quad does a more accurate landing in failsafe if I calibrate when I move to different locations. For some reason I have a heck of a time getting it into calibration mode so the blue light comes on. I have to keep flicking my mode switch for many tries before the blue light comes on (7 to 10 flicks) each time I try. Any thoughts or techniques that you use that would be helpful.

Thanks
Rich

Emowillcox

HI Rich good question.. i'm not sure how to make it turn blue on mine too. Also wonder how you set your compass for x , y, z I am using the
tallest rod which puts it about 30 cm from the ground when including my landing gear.. so is that +30 on the z and then i have it just a little back around 5 cm from the center on the x so is that -5

rwilabee

Regarding the GPS. You should measure from the center of gravity to the top of the Antenna and that will be a minus (-) figure. Also a minus if you have it back from the CG

Rich

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
My Quad does a more accurate landing in failsafe if I calibrate when I move to different locations. For some reason I have a heck of a time getting it into calibration mode so the blue light comes on. I have to keep flicking my mode switch for many tries before the blue light comes on (7 to 10 flicks) each time I try. Any thoughts or techniques that you use that would be helpful.

Thanks
Rich

According to the manual it takes 6 to 10 cycles of the mode switch to enter calibration mode and it has usually taken 10 every time I've done it. Keep an eye on the LED and stop moving the switch as soon as you see blue, one more cycle will kick it back out of calibrate and you have to start all over again.

Ken

Wanho lim

Entering calibration mode is also strange to me. First time when I'd buit quadcopter I'd tried calibaration several times, but only one Blue led in my room.
Now octocopter completed, but still any calbrations failed. No entering calibratin mode.
It's ok to move Blue bar (M-A-GPS) in software.
Any tip of entering the calibration mode?

But flight perfect¡¡¡ Almost rock solid gps position hold.

Extended land gear and Futaba T8FG will be arrived here soon.
My Wookong-M Setup almost done!!!
I hope I could test camera gimbal av130 with it today.

Droidworx AD-8 standard V3 - Wookong-M
Photohigher AV130
Sony CX550 / Panasonic GH2

Last edited by a moderator:

Dixter

I had (have) problems with the calibration also... you can also play around with the trims a little and see if it gets better... just glad I finally got the failsafe
working...

Here's a thread from malaysia with some pictures on how to measure the setup for inputing the location values into the software... the thread has quite a bit of info... also at the very end tells about the upcoming DJI software way points and the cost to upgrade...

http://malaysia-rc.com/index.php?topic=23605.50

Last edited by a moderator: