Solid GH4 platform?

Racerx1962

Any suggestions on a solid GH4 setup? I'm looking at a custom built quad using T1000 centerplates, 800mm wheelbase, SuperX, KDE 4014s 380kv, Hobbywing Platinum pro 80A ESCs, Tmotor 18.61 props and GHT gimbal. I'm also looking at the Dualsky 7010s 330kv, but can't find any reviews.

synrg

After a lot of research, I choose the KDE 4014s and their matched ESCs for my new build. If you go with KDE, Garrett @ Altitude Hobbies has some killer deals on them right now, but seems to be selling out fast. For an all in one solution the new Align M480L and G3 gimbal for GH4 is sure sexy!

tombrown1

Any suggestions on a solid GH4 setup? I'm looking at a custom built quad using T1000 centerplates, 800mm wheelbase, SuperX, KDE 4014s 380kv, Hobbywing Platinum pro 80A ESCs, Tmotor 18.61 props and GHT gimbal. I'm also looking at the Dualsky 7010s 330kv, but can't find any reviews.

Don't forget you have zero redundancy with a quad.

There are many gimbals that work great. The trick is getting the right board and setting up correctly. That and vibration isolation.

If you want something that's simple and works well Zenmuse is pretty incredible.

Racerx1962

I have the GHT gimbal and the new Photobotic controller. I've thought about a hex, octo, Y6 and an X8, but decided to go with a quad, just to keep it simple. Hopefully, choosing quality components will keep her in the air.

synrg

I have the GHT gimbal and the new Photobotic controller. I've thought about a hex, octo, Y6 and an X8, but decided to go with a quad, just to keep it simple. Hopefully, choosing quality components will keep her in the air.
Maybe consider a frame that you can start with X4 and then move to X8 later if you want/need heavier lifting and redundancy.