Phantom2 does not want to take off

Landy

I'm a bit of a novice and have a Phantom2 that was flying well until it dropped from the air. All the firmware are up to date and I have done all the calibrations that I can think of and now it simply will not take off higher than about 50cm. Any advice about what may the won will be greatly appreciated.

Dingus

I'm a bit of a novice and have a Phantom2 that was flying well until it dropped from the air. All the firmware are up to date and I have done all the calibrations that I can think of and now it simply will not take off higher than about 50cm. Any advice about what may the won will be greatly appreciated.

have you plugged into the phantom assistant software to check what the altitude limit is set to, the controller calibration, motor settings etc?

first thing I would do is plug it in and reset everything to default.
I'm a novice too but that's what I would try

Landy

have you plugged into the phantom assistant software to check what the altitude limit is set to, the controller calibration, motor settings etc?

first thing I would do is plug it in and reset everything to default.
I'm a novice too but that's what I would try

I have not tried to set everything to default yet and it's probably worth a try as I do not know what else to do. The altitude limit is 400m. Failing the above I was wondering if there are ways to test if one op the components are faulty. Will it for example rule the gps out (or is that controlled by the flight controller) if I set it up in manual mode and it then goes higher ? I should probably add whilst it does not go higher than about half a meter it moves to the one side. This story started when I was flying in Namibia and t started descending by itself very quick from about 30 meters and crash landed and since then it would simply not take off