H3-3D 2 person setup Futaba T8FG

R6Media

Can you guys offer me some advice? I'm confused on how to setup the H3-3D as a dual operator setup.
my F550 just uses NAZA so can I simply connect a 2nd receiver for my Camera Op 8FG from SBUS to the X1 on the Naza? So far that isn't doing anything and my Pilot 8FG is connected SBUS to Naza X2 and is controlling the tilt.

So what do i have to do to give exclusive control to my Cam operator controller with a NAZA FC since the H3-3D GCU doesnt have receiver connections like the Z15

Secondly, If I had to use single controller, what functions in an 8FG correspond to Pan/Tilt/Roll for the H3-3D? So far I can only find that "GEAR" controls Tilt. All my other avalable functions like AUX 1, 2, 3, 4, 6 don't do anything so I don't know how to configure Pan and Roll

HOLD ON, does this gimbal ONLY TILT???????? SERIOUSLY?????
What the $%*! is the point in having a 3 axis gimbal that only moves on one axis???

Last edited by a moderator:

Yeah only Tilt. I have done a two person setup using buddy box. one person can at least control the tilt while the other flies. It works ok for what it is.

Tahoe Ed

HOLD ON, does this gimbal ONLY TILT???????? SERIOUSLY?????
What the $%*! is the point in having a 3 axis gimbal that only moves on one axis???

The pan axis smooths out the yaw movements of the craft by preceding the yaw. Check the gimbal when you move the rudder.