LinuxDrone Project install.sh error

botao

Hi, I am Botao in California started to build and play multicopoter last year. I played a couple of models (flyingf3/KK) and found that they were severely restricted by their processing power. I came across linuxDrone a few days ago. It seems to have a good combination of real time processing and friendly user interface. So I decided to give it a try.

Right now I am building the Software>Custom systemimage for BeagleBone Black (on Ubuntu). the last script install.sh gave me an error message:

tar (child): ./libweb.tar.gz: cannot open: No such file or directory

I checked the script. The building of libweb.tar.gz is commented out. I am not sure what is the right way to move next. Please advice.

botao

How to get the firmware source code?

I commented out all the libweb stuff, and managed to write the files to the SD card and boot from it.

Next step would be compiling the firmware. I cliked git.linuxdrone.org, got nothing but an error message.

Can someone tell me how to get the firmware source code? thanks.

Hi, I am Botao in California started to build and play multicopoter last year. I played a couple of models (flyingf3/KK) and found that they were severely restricted by their processing power. I came across linuxDrone a few days ago. It seems to have a good combination of real time processing and friendly user interface. So I decided to give it a try.

Right now I am building the Software>Custom systemimage for BeagleBone Black (on Ubuntu). the last script install.sh gave me an error message:

tar (child): ./libweb.tar.gz: cannot open: No such file or directory

I checked the script. The building of libweb.tar.gz is commented out. I am not sure what is the right way to move next. Please advice.

osnwt

www.LinuxDrone.org
Hello, sorry for late reply.

At the moment the project is in development phase. There is no flying code yet, we work on the foundation for future development of actual modules and UI. So if you are not going to WRITE the code, it is not a project for you to build and use. It does not fly yet.

The image build script may be a bit obsolete now. We provide a ready to download image instead. Of course, the script should be refined and checked for release, but we don't have any releases yet. You may, BTW, improve the script by fixing errors if you are a developer.

The most recent firmware sources are in the 'integration' git branch. Neighter master nor next branches contain a real code - that is because (again) we don't have any releases yet (which should go to master) or flying code for testing (which will go to next branch).

Actually, some commits come to the repository mostly every day, but there are no dates of release planned because we are volunteers and work here in our spare time. We expected to see more active developers joined, but for that this place is probably not the best one - because this forum is for those who flies, not codes. So the original small team is all we have now, and our resources (mostly time) are limited.

Last edited by a moderator:

botao

Hello, sorry for late reply.

At the moment the project is in development phase. There is no flying code yet, we work on the foundation for future development of actual modules and UI. So if you are not going to WRITE the code, it is not a project for you to build and use. It does not fly yet.

Thanks for the explanation. I thought the project was already in the phase of public flight testing.
Maybe I can contribute to the project as a coder at the current phase. I am not familiar with flight control stuff, but pretty good at C/C++/Linux. I can help the team to implement algorithms or create tools.

BTW, I tried the suggested command ssh://git@git.linuxdrone.org/linuxdrone.git but in vain because my public key is unknown to the server. Can you or somebody help me get my public key installed?

Here is my public key:

$ more ~/.ssh/id_rsa.pub
ssh-rsa AAAAB3NzaC1yc2EAAAADAQABAAABAQDSWRbXjm++UGEW+9PnW+7cC5R8YVOYxI5JntWiFcMUVHBoiUyrb7Sl//Sx9d
E/pr76rJC1cIW2B3wT9CBTXzuaTllBnnOPzSpnpfz2RanmaTYEXSzZl5AJHOqAOVujUu54HFpmp+fA9xOK4iH++qZ9PZHUW1T2
loP8AT+M50AMbZWBKv8CjDOcXUGI06Y+wgALIbvzycwNRhvxPghrWSB3cj961qnLlKexkI14eB3EswT0S2AQQ8tcM6eRwLs8vT
0MH7PI6eu6UNcEr9D+cPLrqRn8rHhYmzSxwCW7Ydbnv4VN5RywwHEd2Wlwsf13vy+MijHxFVwfmHQWD4hJnjG9 student1@vm
-ubuntu-64

there should not be any space between AAAAB3 ... hJnjG9.

Last edited by a moderator:

osnwt

www.LinuxDrone.org
We have a github mirror for read-only repository access.
For write access you use the URL above.

Your key is installed, have fun. Would be great when we have a bit wider developer community.

botao

need help

Thanks. when I try

git clone ssh://git@git.linuxdrone.org/linuxdrone.git

I was asked for git's password. Is not password no longer needed once my public key is installed? I am confused.

Maybe you can point me to the read-only repository if it is easier to access.

We have a github mirror for read-only repository access.
For write access you use the URL above.

Your key is installed, have fun. Would be great when we have a bit wider developer community.

osnwt

www.LinuxDrone.org
This means that git can't find your private key or uses another one.
You can try "ssh git@git.linuxdrone.org" and see if it asks for password (it should not).

GitHub mirror is here:
https://github.com/LinuxDrone/LinuxDrone

botao

progressing ...

Thanks!

I downloaded code from the mirror, and got it compiled after figuring out how to cross compile libwebsockets. I will post a summary after verifying it works on BBB.

Please let me know, or point me to the document about how to run linuxdrone firmware on BBB. I looked at /usr/local/linuxdrone/bin and found only c-host inside.

This means that git can't find your private key or uses another one.
You can try "ssh git@git.linuxdrone.org" and see if it asks for password (it should not).

GitHub mirror is here:
https://github.com/LinuxDrone/LinuxDrone