Need replacement Antenna HELP

jfro

Aerial Fun
I have 2 FlySight RC801 Black Pearl Matte 7" w/ dual diversity receivers.

I broke2 antennas in the last 3 outings. Looking for replacements and striking out.

Also, I have 5.8mhz antennas on the Radio's from 3dRobotics and also a couple spironet and misc other 5,8 antennas.

What I don't understand is they all have the same size threads on the antenna, but the Flysights are Female on the antenna and on all my other gear, the antennas are male connections. (CORRECTION), the 3dRoboticis 5.8 radio antennas are the also female.

What am I not understanding or is it just an incompatible antenna because because of manufacture preferences?

Any idea where I can find some antenna's in the U.S. for the FlySight monitors?

Last edited by a moderator:

jfro

Aerial Fun
Would this work and allow you to use normal antennas like your others? http://www.showmecables.com/product...=1&zmap=1572&gclid=CNfVtLa_tMACFZTm7AodPDoAIw

Yes, that would work and since it's on my radio on the ground, the extra weight wouldn't matter. Since I posted, I found out the antenna's for the 3dRadio is also the same connection. Will look around a bit and if don't find anything reasonably priced, I'll go with the female to female connectors.

Thanks for the idea link and solution.