Blade 180QX freaked out

SDB777

Was enjoying some much needed flight time yesterday afternoon with the Blade 180Qx. Just hovering around the backyard. You know....fun.
Wasn't windy by any stretch. Was warm though, maybe 90*F? Or so.

Was about 3 to 4 feet off the ground....and in Safe Mode. Without any warning the little fella decides to go inverted and smash itself in the ground! I didn't even so much as twitch and it was over.....

So my question. WTH happened? Anyone else experienced the daredevil, commit suicide move?

Guess I'm going to be ordering an new arm and learning more than a little about the construction.
Seems way too early for repairs or is this little guy just a puss? And I should expect more of the same.

Scott (suicide quad - figured I would get to do the crashing) B

Last edited by a moderator:

PeteDee

Mr take no prisoners!
Get on to Horizon and tell them that it is faulty and needs to be replaced, should get a new one for free that does not freak out.

SDB777

Well I contacted Horizon...do they always give everyone the 'run-around'? Cause it looks like they are really, really good at it!

Have received no less then 4 emails, each tell me to contact someone else. Awesome, no one can make a decision......

Guess what happens when you call? Guess, guess.....

Scott (we don't handle that sorry) B