Folding GPS

Ronan

So i'm at 2 folding GPS mast that i have tried, both being utter garbadge. First regular silver one is made of cheap pot metal and doesn't even screw properly, the second being the 'cnc aluminum' version that has a LOT of play in it once tighten down, introducing a lot of vibration to the GPS (that can't be good!).

Anyone has a product they can recommend? It's for a T810 that i'm trying to keep the height limited so it fits in it's case!

R_Lefebvre

Arducopter Developer
I'm using the Tarot one made specifically for the 650/680 machines, it only fits on a 12mm tube. Works fine for me.

PeteDee

Mr take no prisoners!
To be honest i think the folding poles are a waste of time, I just shortened my original pole and have never had a problem , I have seen many stuck straight on to the top plate and work perfectly.

Pete

R_Lefebvre

Arducopter Developer
This really depends one setup to another. I do question if the risk/benefit of the pole is worth it. This is my first time using it. Up until now, I've just made it work with the GPS simply mounted on a plate above the controller. I decided to give this a shot since everybody else is doing it.

Actually, in the case of Pixhawk, the magnetometer is in with the GPS, and it's important to get it away from the power system. So that might be the bigger point.