HDMI out to DJI AVL58

cranxwork

Hey all, I am being asked to fly a camera that only has a mini HDMI out.

What is the simplest way to get a picture from the HDMI port of the camera converted down to SD, and transmitted via the 3.5mm jack cable on our DJI AVL 58 transmitter?

I'm pretty sure I will need a box to convert the signal but do they all need to be powered from the lipos?

Thanks, Jack

cranxwork

Current setup is for Canon SLR.

AVL 58 standard cable with 3.5mm jack. 3.5mm jack plugs into another cable that goes into the A/V out on the camera (11pin micro usb).

Benjamin Kenobi

Easy? You call that easy?
Ah. In that case you'll need an HDMI converter. There's a few different ones, many people use a little white one that's quite common.

cranxwork

Yeah, can anyone be a bit ore specific about what I would need. Preferably one that doesnt need external power. What setup do you run Ben?

Quinton

Yeah, can anyone be a bit ore specific about what I would need. Preferably one that doesnt need external power. What setup do you run Ben?

With the GH4 you use something like this which does not require 5V power for the GH4 but may differ with other cameras..
http://www.amazon.com/Etekcity®-Com...verter/dp/B008FO7PQA/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

The 3.5mm jack needs replaced with yellow video connection.
Give Heliguy a call and they may be able to sort you out with everything you need, connection wise.

Quinton