Fpv no signal!

Markn

Please bare with me as i am totally new to this. Ive recently picked up a DJI phantom 1.1.1 with a tarrot gimbal and kumbacam basic fpv system all ready installed on it. The gimbal is already hooked up for the tilt function but the gimbal and video transmitter are powered by two separate lipos. Everything was working great up until today. I powered on everything to show a buddy of mine how it worked and everything was fine... 10 min later we go to fly and im getting a NO SIGNAL message on the monitor. I checked to make sure the batteries were good. gopro was on and everything seemed to be working the way it should but with no signal. At this point i dont really know what else i can do so any insight would be appreciated. Thanks Mark

soler

Is there any light on the Video TX to show that it is powered on? Did you by any chance change the channels that the Vtx or Vrx is using?

Markn

Yes there is a light that comes on. Its the channel light it comes on and is on 8. Ive tried switching the different modes on the monitor between av1 av2 and tv but have no luck. The antennas on this set up look a little finicky and looks like they may have been soldered back together and electrical taped over.... could this be a problem if the antenna isnt performing properly

soler

That is the light on your VRX, have you tried changing from channel 8 to anything else?

If there is a bad solder joint on the antenna then that will be a problem, if you transmit without an antenna you can damage the transmitter, having a broken joint will be the same as not having an antenna.

Markn

Yes i've tried all the channels and none seem to work. I think i was a little to aggressive trying to reposition the antenna. I took all the electrical tape off the antenna on the tx and one of the solder points looks to be bad. I looked up these antennas and they are just cheap $12 pos lol so i guess ill try new antennas and see if that works. Do you have any suggestions on what brand/style to get?

soler

If you are just looking to replace the antenna or VTX then I recommend you look at immersionrc.com just make sure that if you do replace the VTX that it is comparable with the RTX, there are a few different bands that that operate on, check the frequencies that they transmit and receive on.

cootertwo

There is a bit of a learning curve to this FPV stuff. You've just jumped into the pool, only to realize it is full of sharks, so to speak! Lots and lots of combinations, do's and do not's. You can read a lot, and ease into it, or just jump in, but be sure to bring your wallet and credit cards.:tennis:

Markn

lol i know what you mean! ive always flown quads and picked this phantom up off a guy for $300 so it was hard to pass up. But im loving fpv.