Progress but still missing something

Patar

I finally figured out why I was getting a CFG error in DJI assistant it was because I had plugged the wires in wrong into the receiver (NOOB mistake :dejection:). After fixing that problem I was finally able to calibrate my tx (dx5e). Oh yea I'm not using the naza gps. With that completed I write the configuration to the naza. I power off the naza and turn back on to cycle. When it came back on I got a yellow led status code. Yellow……Yellow….Yellow. When I looked into it I found that it has to do with the att. Also my motors will not spin up. Any help will be gratefully be appreciated.

Pat

JoeBob

Elevation via Flatulation
You're in Attitude Mode.

Hook up the Naza Asst.
Under 'Basic' / 'RC' at the bottom of the page you'll see U for Control Motor Switch. You'll need to set up a 3 position switch to toggle between GPS/Atti/Manual. Most radios will require adjustments to the endpoints to get this to work correctly.

Once you can toggle between the 3 modes in the Naza Asst software, unplug and you'll be able to use that 3 position switch to toggle your AC from GPS (green green green) to Atti (Yellow yellow yellow) to Manual (no lights).

Benjamin Kenobi

Easy? You call that easy?
Fast yellow flashing is an error. Yellow flash every second or so is ATTI mode (which is normal since you don't have GPS). Try the assistant again and make sure you do the transmitter calibration bit carefully and everything is green.

PeteDee

Mr take no prisoners!
And the problem with a 5E is that you cannot set end points, I think it will be difficult to get it working and is something I would not be bothering with.

Patar

I was talking about the DJI DT7 but out of the two which one is better the DT7 or DX7. Would the dx6i work because that's more in my price range.

thanks

pat

FlyGirl

But if I have it attitude mode on the dx5e shouldn't my motors still spin up?

Not if the throttle doesn't go low enough. Grab a DX7 or DX8 or a Futaba equivalent. Or a Taranis which I hear is really good. Get the most channels you can afford and you'll never have a problem with your radio system. You really need a programmable radio as you progress... :) Save the DX5 for an airplane....!

Patar

Not if the throttle doesn't go low enough. Grab a DX7 or DX8 or a Futaba equivalent. Or a Taranis which I hear is really good. Get the most channels you can afford and you'll never have a problem with your radio system. You really need a programmable radio as you progress... :) Save the DX5 for an airplane....!

How about a turnigy 9x or dx6i

PeteDee

Mr take no prisoners!
Well maybe a DX6i or 9x, the problem with these radios is that they lack feature support that make models easy to setup if the radio is good enough and mostly settings can be done on the cheaper radios but usually with a fair bit of faffing around, best to just not go there.

I have said this many times and I will say it again, the best money that you spend early on in this hobby is to buy the best radio you can afford, if you cannot afford at least a resonable radio then you are approaching the hobby the wrong way and will have many tears. If you need to wait then wait and save your cash and then buy a good radio. No good will come of it if you cheap out on a radio and it is hard to use, hard to program and then fails at a critical point in a flight.

So a DX7s, T8FG Super or non Super (firmware update makes them the same) or Taranis should be the minimum you should look at if not them half of the hobby you will have chosen is to get you radio system working as easily as the rest of us already enjoy. It is fine to buy used, bought a Futaba T8FG used for AUD$200 delivered for my second son to replace a 9X that worked okay but what a pain to get it to do what you need it to do, great radio, FrSky receivers are available lots of places and are cheap and perform superbly well for the Futaba's.

I have a Spekrtrum DX18, Futaba 12SG and FrSky Taranis among other radios at the moment so have a bit of experience with them.

Cheers

Pete