S800 Evo Retractable Gear stopped working

Lentez1

HELP... Suddenly my S800 landing gear stopped working. The were working on the last flight (a few days ago) however, on the last flight when I lowered them, one came down a little less smooth than the other. I flew yesterday and when I flipped the retract button, no retract. I am not that savvy with all this yet and am learning about the systems as things pop up. I did check the Spektrum DX8 controller menu and I see that the retractable switch is mapped to the Aux3 channel,and when I flip it to retract, the axis mark goes to the far right and when I move it back to down it returns to the far left. There hasn't been anything done to the drone from the day it worked and yesterday. The only other possibility of any change was that the antenna on the DX8 controller popped out of the bit that connects to the controller. It is connected by a wire. The wire seems to still be attached and I pushed it back into the socket. When I flew yesterday, all seemed to be fine (flight controls) however the retract wasn't operating... That's all I can tell. HELP HELP HELP...

Lentez1

I have the same problem!!! Suddenly stopped working!!!

RIGHT! I got it solved. What likely happened was you turned on your controller and the gear up switch was on when you did this and it blocked the operation to save the drone.

What I had to do was reset the landing gear. If you look around and follow the wires coming from each leg, you will see they plug into a R & L and there is an IN on a small block. Next to the IN is two little holes. The one closer to the L & R has a little button inside the hole. the next one to the right of that hole is a light. It's likely that it isn't showing any colour.

This fix will take two people.
1. Make sure the gear switch is in the DOWN position
2. With the power off. use a small screwdriver or paper clip and push in the button.
3. Set up the drone so that that the landing gear aren't touching the ground. I rested two of the arms on a desk and supported the drone via one of the other arms. THEN...
4. Push the button and hold it there while the other person plugs in the batteries.

It should go through a reset and then you will see the little light come on. You should be back in business! Try the landing gear lever and with any luck you'll be back in business.

Disclaimer: this is what worked for my drone, I can't say that this is what you need to do...

Good Luck!