The ALL New DJI S900 Hexacopter!

Ronan

Nice I wish I could get an update on mine as well. I ordered the s900 with GH4 too. Has anyone in the United States receive theirs yet? It seems like DJI isn't giving any updates on the shipment orders..

Lots of people in the US already have one. They do sell out quickly though.

Multidp

Got mine the other day and within 2 minutes found a serious design flaw.
The collar on the landing gear that holds the spring is plastic (versus aluminum on the S1000 & S800). Both were crooked and loose so I tightened them slightly. Without putting much torque to it the bolt head ate right through the plastic. To save a few pennies DJI....errrr. I temporarily borrowed the ones from my S800 to make it right. To those with S900's watch out for this.

Tahoe Ed

Got mine the other day and within 2 minutes found a serious design flaw.
The collar on the landing gear that holds the spring is plastic (versus aluminum on the S1000 & S800). Both were crooked and loose so I tightened them slightly. Without putting much torque to it the bolt head ate right through the plastic. To save a few pennies DJI....errrr. I temporarily borrowed the ones from my S800 to make it right. To those with S900's watch out for this.

Can you send me a picture. I have an early production unit and it has aluminum spring mounts. I will forward to DJI for their review.

Multidp

The collar that is standing up is one of the plastic ones from the S900. The bolt head destroyed the plastic with the slightest bit of torque. The other 2 are the aluminum from the S800. (leaving the S800 inoperable). I doubt I can get these pieces separately.
I suspect this will be a problem for many S900 owners with the plastic collars.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 242

Tahoe Ed

The collar that is standing up is one of the plastic ones from the S900. The bolt head destroyed the plastic with the slightest bit of torque. The other 2 are the aluminum from the S800. (leaving the S800 inoperable). I doubt I can get these pieces separately.

Thank you. I will forward to DJI. I will also check mine. After I posted, I started to question if mine are aluminum or plastic. I get back to Vegas tomorrow and I can check then.

Ronan

So the S800 aluminium version of the parts are a direct fit? If that's the case... got a part #? I'll replace mine ASAP.

Wednesday is when i should get my S900... @_@

Stratifier

Any case for the S900? Flymotion media seems great but out of stockat Troybuiltmodels... I couln't even find their website. Any leads?

They're getting the GoProfessional cases any day now from what I've heard.. I'm guessing with the change in landing gear they had to revamp the cases..

Multidp

Are you sure this isn't from a Phantom 2?
I kid!

:dejection::tennis:

What kind of flight times are you getting with such light payload?

CG Photo

Are you sure this isn't from a Phantom 2?
I kid!

:dejection::tennis:

What kind of flight times are you getting with such light payload?

Flight time is 22 minutes using a pair of 8000 mah Multistar batteries with about 20% remaining. Still waiting on my real gimbal so this is just screwing around!

Ronan

22 minutes of actual flying. Not super aggressive but normal flying like I was shooting something.

Impressive, nice!

I can't wait to see how much flight time i get with my 16k and 22k packs. My camera with gimbal only weights 1100 gram (which is what a light gimbal usually weight alone!).

Ronan

Got mine assembled. Installing the A2 today.

I'm using it with a A2 and Futaba 14SG, anyone have gains they are happy with?

CG Photo

Start at 100 for all of them. It makes it smooth and controllable. After your first flight you may want to up the gains a little. I don't like it too twitchy. When you add a gimbal and camera you will need to bump up the gains again.

Ronan

Start at 100 for all of them. It makes it smooth and controllable. After your first flight you may want to up the gains a little. I don't like it too twitchy. When you add a gimbal and camera you will need to bump up the gains again.

Yeah i do not like my large rigs to be twitchy. Needs to be smooth and 'slow'. Especially when live imaging.

Anything i should watch out with the S900/A2? It's my first frame that has the angled arms.

Took a look at mine, they are plastic and do NOT feel strong. I would prefer them in aluminum like on the S800. Anyone know where to buy replacements?

And does anyone know the length of the long legs? AFAIK i got a latest batch S900 since they were freshly restocked here.

Last edited by a moderator: