Naza M v2 Tarot FY680

xsnowb27

So I decided to upgrade from my F450 to a Tarot FY680 with the Tarot 4006 motors with 12 in. props. I'm having slight issues, I think I know what they are but just want to see if anyone else may have a thought or 2 about it. Adjusting my gains was a pain and if I gave it too jerky of a motion it would end up flipping over and crashing. Now it just happened to me the other day after yawing it decided to flip over. My guess is gain's again and will be readjusting. I've balanced all my props and there is minimal vibrations to the air frame. Just wondering if I may be missing anything? Also just as an addition, if I do a quick maneuver and let go of the stick to center it seems to wobble slightly to correct itself. Whichever way I adjust gains it still is the same. Any ideas?

simondorr

simondorr
Hi, came across your thread maybe you could help. Had four really difficult flights yesterday resulting in a minor crash and damage to one of the skids. All gains were at 100%, I had planned to gradually increase them rather than go too high and have to reduce them. This did not work as the Hex kept on getting into a state of oscillation resulting in a rapid return to earth, luckily as they were the first flights I kept the altitude to no more than 10 feet.

Changed the gains to those recommended by dji for the F550 (as it was the closest), running initially on a 3S battery and took the air again today. I had a successful 6 min flight with a 3S 2200mah with a really gentle and controlled landing and only a minute hint of oscillation which I was planning to slowly eliminate by adjusting the gains. Decided to run on a 4S and initially everything was the same, very smooth and again only a slight hint of oscillation then she started oscillating which got worse ending in a roll of death and just dropped out of the sky. Just before I could hear an alarm from the Hex, not sure what this was. I did have a low battery alarm fitted but I checked the battery afterwards and it still had 78%. The link for the video is below, the stats are as follows:
Tarot Iron Man 680 Frame
Naza-M V2 4.02 firmware
T-Motor 35 Amp SimonK 600MHz ESCs
13 x 4 CF Props
AX-2810Q 750KV Motors from Hobbyking
Zippy 4S 2200mah 40C Battery
Basic Gain: Pitch 170, Roll 170, Yaw 150, Vertical 140
Attitude Gain: Pitch 170, Roll 170
Amazingly not a huge amount of damage done. Video link: http://youtu.be/AG4LEwpgcns

As usual any help would be greatly appreciated. Sorry I seem to be having similar issues so can't help at the moment but if I get anything from others I will share.

Last edited by a moderator:

xsnowb27

Hi, came across your thread maybe you could help. Had four really difficult flights yesterday resulting in a minor crash and damage to one of the skids. All gains were at 100%, I had planned to gradually increase them rather than go too high and have to reduce them. This did not work as the Hex kept on getting into a state of oscillation resulting in a rapid return to earth, luckily as they were the first flights I kept the altitude to no more than 10 feet.

Changed the gains to those recommended by dji for the F550 (as it was the closest), running initially on a 3S battery and took the air again today. I had a successful 6 min flight with a 3S 2200mah with a really gentle and controlled landing and only a minute hint of oscillation which I was planning to slowly eliminate by adjusting the gains. Decided to run on a 4S and initially everything was the same, very smooth and again only a slight hint of oscillation then she started oscillating which got worse ending in a roll of death and just dropped out of the sky. Just before I could hear an alarm from the Hex, not sure what this was. I did have a low battery alarm fitted but I checked the battery afterwards and it still had 78%. The link for the video is below, the stats are as follows:
Tarot Iron Man 680 Frame
Naza-M V2 4.02 firmware
T-Motor 35 Amp SimonK 600MHz ESCs
13 x 4 CF Props
AX-2810Q 750KV Motors from Hobbyking
Zippy 4S 2200mah 40C Battery
Basic Gain: Pitch 170, Roll 170, Yaw 150, Vertical 140
Attitude Gain: Pitch 170, Roll 170
Amazingly not a huge amount of damage done. Video link: http://youtu.be/AG4LEwpgcns

As usual any help would be greatly appreciated. Sorry I seem to be having similar issues so can't help at the moment but if I get anything from others I will share.

I currently have I believe set for my attitude pitch and roll about 125 with the basics at 170.
It took a lot of playing with I had the same thing, it would oscillate and then I would lose control and it would crash. Set in the Naza software a channel to make adjustments while flying to pitch and attitude and test like that. That is how I set mine, its now rock solid. Also make sure the props are balanced and motors are totally level.

simondorr

simondorr
Hi,

I'll give that a go once all repairs complete. Surely balanced props are just fine tuning to eliminate vibration to ensure a steady picture for AP? I accept that if your props are ridiculously unbalanced or badly damaged that could introduce unwanted flight characteristics. The same for motor alignment, I do mine by eye so may be a fraction of a degree out but surely not enough to induce such an oscillation ending in a flip like that? Besides some set ups don't have the motors level, the S900 has all the motors leaning in to the aircraft centre, just a thought. Many thanks for your advice.

xsnowb27

There are reports that the Naza FC does not like vibrations at all hence the reason to balance the props. As for the the alignment I used a straight edge and layed it from one motor to the other to get it as level as possible. My Tarot did the exact same that yours did in the video and the 3 things I did was ensure the motors were as level ad possible props balanced perfectly and then a lot of tweaking with the gains.