It's contest time again!!

Stacky

How about best footage of the pilot from the quad? Or if not the best the funniest, the most creative, the most unusual etc?. t[hat could cover all levels of skill. People who can't nose in could simply mount the camera backwards. We could be dressed up in some crazy costume, naked...., in some great location, doing flips etc etc etc?

Efliernz

Pete
Stacky - how about "how close to the tree you can get without crashing". Oh sorry mate, you crashed today so it wouldn't count ;)

View attachment 1037

Attachments

• Stacky.jpg
    Stacky.jpg
    133.9 KB · Views: 227
Last edited by a moderator:

Pintac

Could setup some type of slalom course. Set the distance so that everyone can set it up the same. Set how many times you can complete it in a given amount of time.

I see more broken props in the near future if this involves speed and loops. Also lets keep videos under 1 minute for all those who have to watch.

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
there's something magical that happens when Germans and multi-kopters come together. :confused:

Bartman

Regarding the contest suggestions, what I like about the contest and voting format is that there has to be a bit of showmanship involved to get people's attention and to get their votes. What we've seen so far though is that we don't have loads of people voting so it's hard for me to believe we're being as fair as possible when any one person can get a few friends to register and vote for them and really influence the outcome. That's where the random selection helps by keeping people in the contest that might not have the social network on their side to get the max votes possible.
Anyone?

Here's an idea.....have five buckets spaced about ten feet apart.....hang a tennis ball about ten feet from under your copter and you have to fly the ball into each bucket in a row before crossing a finish line set about ten feet past the last bucket.

so, to explain it a little better, you start on the ground at a point 10 ft from the first bucket, take off and maneuver to get the ball into the first bucket, then fly to the second, third, fourth and fifth buckets (each spaced ten feet from each other and the ball has to be placed into each bucket before moving to the next one) before flying across the finish line ten feet past the last bucket. Same as last time, voting for the five best entries, winner is randomly selected from the top five......except....moderators, vendors, and admin are eligible!!!!!????!!!!! ok, maybe not admin :(

anyone? bueller?

Bartman

i'd imagine the pilot can stay wherever they want but they shouldn't be allowed to move during the flight. buckets should be about 12" in diameter or thereabouts.
this can get tricky fast as the swinging ball can really make the copter a handful to fly. some FC boards will take it in stride, some may not do so well.

any other suggestions or should we run with this? i've got to put it past the contest sponsor and we'll be set to go.

bart

Efliernz

Pete
Should be fun. I'm looking forward to doing this in the dark :D
Planning is well advanced already. It helps when you work with a buch of nutter blokes that can't fly... full of suggestions!

Pete

Borneoben

Could setup some type of slalom course. Set the distance so that everyone can set it up the same. Set how many times you can complete it in a given amount of time.

I also like this idea

For extra points you could make it as low as possible?

Cool another contest! I think the ball in buckets would be very challenging. I would love to do some sort of slalom course too...

Hmm... must think and see if there are any other ideas.

Efliernz

Pete
Balls in the buckets on the way out, then having to circle the ball below the top (not above) of each bucket on the way back?
That may be a bit hard for some... perhaps the slalom on the way back after going in each bucket?

Pete

Stacky

I understand the need to make it some sort of contest that is measurable but I wonder how many won't bother when it requires a skill level that amazing fliers like warthog will sail through.

Bartman

i think what gets the votes is a combination of some flying along with an entertaining presentation and that's the whole point. With each of these contest I'm trying to get as many people to participate as possible so rather than making it skill only, there's got to be a creative aspect as well so any crafty beginner has a shot of getting votes. The random aspect leaves the fun factor very high so really anyone that makes an honest effort could walk away with it.
I'm leaning towards making the call that we do the ball-in-buckets idea and make it a straight out drag style race---once through the course and you're done. The length of the videos in the last contest I suspect kept some from watching them and voting so let's shoot for something shorter this time.

Any last questions/comments/criticisms?

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
Yeah, I'd like to see a freestyle whatever you want to do to entertain us as long as it involves a flying multirotor video kind of thing, that way the less experienced can use creativity instead of flying skill to level the playing field.

Call it 'dances with wind' video competition...

Ken