Stupid regulations ...everywhere

xahhax

Now you would think that hobbyist drones would not be government's priority in a country with rampant corruption, total lack of infrastructure and where most of the population is extremely poor.
But no, you would be wrong.

No need to look up the exchange rate for the fine. It's here for you: between $7K and $12K PER FLIGHT.

THIS IS ABSOLUTELY INSANE - THOSE PEOPLE ARE JUST RETARDED. FAA is SANE in comparison

[FONT=arial !important]MANILA, Philippines–The Civil Aviation Authority of the Philippines (CAAP) on Thursday advised model aircraft enthusiasts that drones and other unmanned aircraft vehicles (UAV) must be registered and their controllers licensed.
[FONT=arial !important]CAAP issued a memorandum circular signed on June 26 reminding officials of the new provisions under the Philippine Civil Aviation Regulations Part II.[/FONT]
[FONT=arial !important]Under the provisions, owners and operators must register their equipment with CAAP which is the only agency authorized to issue them license to operate.[/FONT]
[FONT=arial !important]“Any operator found violating [these] rules will be fined between P300,000 to P500,000 per unauthorized flight, depending on the gravity of the violations,” the CAAP said in a statement.[/FONT]
[FONT=arial !important]Capt. Beda Badiola, assistant director general of CAAP and head of the flight standard inspectorate service, said reports had reached his office that drone users in the country are fast increasing as its prices have started to go down.[/FONT]
[FONT=arial !important]A drone can cost roughly P50,000.[/FONT]
[FONT=arial !important]But instead of licensed operators, CAAP said drones are mostly used by photographers, hobbyists, researchers and employees of firms doing geodetic surveys and media companies.[/FONT]
[FONT=arial !important]“Any violation of the said memorandum will be dealt with accordingly,” said Badiola, whose office oversees and regulates all flight operations of aircraft manned and unmanned in the Philippines.[/FONT]
[FONT=arial !important]He said the aviation body even imposes stiff penalty on violators in restricted areas like airports, crowded areas and “no fly zone.”[/FONT]
[FONT=arial !important]In its memo, CAAP classified the UAV into large, micro and small. Large UAV are unmanned airship with an envelope capacity greater than 100 cubic meters while micro UAV means that with a gross weight of 100 grams or less. A small UAV means an unmanned aircraft that is neither a large UAV nor a micro UAV.[/FONT]
[FONT=arial !important]Owners of these aircraft must obtain a certification from CAAP, the registration cost of which would still have to be determined by the aviation body.[/FONT]
[FONT=arial !important]“That would normally depend on the gross weight,” Badiola said.[/FONT]

[/FONT]

Ronan

Looks to me like you need to be certified and you are clear to go. What you pay changes from the weight of the SUAV?

Seems fine to me, at least there's a way to do it.

xahhax

I think you missed the part about the corruption - obviously with that comes a very efficient administration. Which means whatever registration will mean it will be an horrible pain to go through...

I think you missed the part about the corruption - obviously with that comes a very efficient administration. Which means whatever registration will mean it will be an horrible pain to go through...

Corruption? In Government? Now you are just blowing smoke..
Philippines perhaps but that would never happen here.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ronan

Revolution time? Seem's to be the flavor of the year...

Does this mean you need to pay 'extra' to get the paperwork done in a 'timely' manner?

xahhax

Anyway for now the regulation is so confusing the whole RC community is putting all activities on hold until they are sure flying a phantom does not land you a $12K fine. Great stuff.

the whole RC community is putting all activities on hold,,,,,
I would not say that.
Recreational flying has not changed from what I can see and morons still abound.
We just had a local guy and, although it was media giving us a positive spin, the guy was overflying Tampa well within 5 miles of the Tampa airport at an altitude close to building tops which may have been above 400 ft and he's stating that he's using it to augment his photography business. LOL. He has done everything but thumb his nose into the camera at the FAA.
It'll be interesting to see how that works out for him.

Old Man

Perhaps if everyone thumbed their nose at the FAA we'd gain favorable momentum. Hard to say anymore. The more you comply with their suggestions the more regulations they suggest.

Perhaps if everyone thumbed their nose at the FAA we'd gain favorable momentum. Hard to say anymore. The more you comply with their suggestions the more regulations they suggest.

Ain't it just so.
Well, the FAA can't be everywhere but their overzealous arm is the local cops and they can be most everywhere and they believe everything they read even if they only read half of it.
I personally believe that anymore, America is pretty much screwed as far as "Land of the Free" goes.
It's more like "Land of the Fee".

Rentakill

Current regulations in Australia are a joke. Sitting your PPL to commercially fly a UAV come on. If any government is serious about protecting their sky-ways, then adopting appropriate regulations that relate to the industry is a must.
Me learning about de-icing carburetor and what happens if the pito tube is blocked wtf.....I should be competent in all aspects of my UAV, from flying to maintenance.

Having a back ground in government for 25 yrs and working with safety management systems such as the Just Culture system would be the way forward. Instead we have to study about something that's not even relevant.

Old Man

Make the regulations tough enough and airspace become sterile enough that only those with big money and large staffs to deal with documentation will be flying. Look around, airspace regulations are starting to look remarkably similar everywhere in the world. Pay to play.