KK Flight Controller Why can't I open kk flash tool on new computer?

lapscrub

I just got into multicopters, been flying r/c for many years. I bought this brand new HP computer so I could flash my control boards at the field as well as at home. I followed the instructions of Josh Bixler on the flitetest video blog on youtube. I was able to download and install drivers for my usbasp programming device without any problems. however upon attempting to open the flash tool, I am unsuccessful. All goes well up to the very last step when I try to open the flash tool, a window flashes up on my moniter with some type in it but vanishes too fast for me to read what it says, then nothing. I followed Joshs instructions to the letter with no success. I have the latest version of java 7 installed, and I am using windows 7. I feel as though I am missing a file or driver or something like that. I hear how great these kk boards are and how easy they are supposed to be to use and flash. So I hope there is someone out there who can help me out so I can start enjoying my new tricopter, sooner than later, because I will not quit until I figure this out. Thanks for reading.

arthin

Aloha!
Seems like java problem. Is your Windows 64bit? If so, is java also 64bit?
You can see java exception for diagnostics. Start cmd, cd to flasher directory and try to run "java -Djava.library.path=./lib:./lib/win64 -jar ./lib/kkMulticopterFlashTool.jar >diag.txt 2&1" (change win64 to win32 if 32bit Win7), and open {flasher dir}\diag.txt in notepad/any text program.

lapscrub

Mahalo Arthin! I appreciate your quick response. I'm not really computer smart. it looks as though I have a whole lot to learn if I am going to be very successful in this hobby. So I will take my laptop into a computer shop with your response and ask them to show me how to do what your suggesting. Mahalo so much for your time, and help. This was the first time I ever used a forum for help like this, a lot of great people out there when you really look. Thanks again Lapscrub

lapscrub

Alright kk flashtool up and running, Now if I can only get this KK 2.1HC to work right, I must be doing something wrong. Hook everything up and connect power and no menu, just a blank screen. Any one have any suggestions. Thinking of getting regular kk controller, haven't seen much on the new hard cover controlers. should be same, some small differences. Separate screen and button programmer and pins angled rather than straight up. I'm not sure. But thanks again to Arthin, for his assistance.

When you plug in the programmer, the LCD screen onm the KK will be blank, but lit. Once you flash it with the firmware you want, then the board LCD will populate, you load the motor layout and can do other prorgamming.

I just flashed three boards last night, a 2.1HC and two standard 2.1.5's, the boards were blank until the flashing was finished then they worked once the firmware was in.

Jon