Stronger Legs without breaking the bank

Seadog

Being relatively new to multirotors and my skill level needing much improvement I've been looking for legs that will stand up to a bit of abuse. I just received a set of these. I do think they will hold up to my suicidal type of flying. I heard he was going to have these and sucked up to get a set before his actual release. I must say I think it's going to be almost impossible to break these. They have decent flex so if I land on hard surface (parking lot) they should soften the flow a little. If I come in to a sliding type landing shouldn't affect them. Not sure what kind of polymer it is but it does seem like it'll take abuse. Will give more info when I get a chance to abuse. Just figured I'd pass it along since the price seems right. http://www.hauntnet.com/frankenquad...id=36&osCsid=634be374680d666f7b23e4041a688811

Seadog

Good find. They look good, better than the 500 heli gear i'm using. and if you wanted to put them out on the legs.
Thanks. I'm going to try and build another one myself and was looking for something that I could pretty much put on any frame. Not sure if I will do quad, Y6, octo, hex LOL course I need to get this one back flying first. Putting a CC board on it now. Being retired I have to follow a budget now. Uggh!!! Will keep ya updated how they work. At least for the price risk wasn't that bad buying a new product. I will say it's worth a whole lot more. Also saw the guy had Adapter plates for the CC boards too.

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
The only problem with those is that they stick in areas like grass. If you are not confident landing perfectly then you probably aren't going to land straight down either at times. This will make the copter tip over and screw up your props. The best thing i have seen is the Xaircraft gear. Actually the whole damn thing is so freaking durable it's unreal. The newer models are made of this super light yet unbreakable plastic. Just a thought.

Seadog

The only problem with those is that they stick in areas like grass. If you are not confident landing perfectly then you probably aren't going to land straight down either at times. This will make the copter tip over and screw up your props. The best thing i have seen is the Xaircraft gear. Actually the whole damn thing is so freaking durable it's unreal. The newer models are made of this super light yet unbreakable plastic. Just a thought.
True but that Xaircraft stuff is too expensive for me. I was looking for an cheaper alternative as I'm sure there are others with limited budgets.

Seadog

Attachments

• 6165036697_b9524998d4_m%5B1%5D.jpg
    6165036697_b9524998d4_m%5B1%5D.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 285

Seadog

Got one of his frames too so I mounted the legs to see how they compare next to my 450. My other one I have the legs barely extended. But you'll get an idea. Frames are G10and pretty good. Offeres a few styles but more so here you can see how they look mounted. He's making adapters for my 450 I guess so I don't have to drill an extra hole. But here's what the legs look like on one.

Last edited by a moderator:

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
those have to be towel bars. The chinese garbage we all buy is actually good sometimes! Who would have guessed a cheap thin-walled pre-chromed tube would make the perfect arm?

Seadog

those have to be towel bars. The chinese garbage we all buy is actually good sometimes! Who would have guessed a cheap thin-walled pre-chromed tube would make the perfect arm?
Ya they are towel bars. Have seen them used several times so figure what the heck for the price and more so availability I'll give it a shot. Nothing worse than having yer quad go down and waiting for the slow boat from China. LOL I break one no big deal can be back up flying in under an hour. If they don't seem to work out can go to wood ones. Seems like the guys are having just as much fun with the low end machines which really just cuz it's low end doesn't mean quality suffers. Just means someone is selling at a reasonable price.