do I need the dji imu unit for 3h-3d on my f550

38super

hi all
do I need the dji imu unit on my F550 to run the 3h-3d? or is that just for the phantom
Thanks william

rilot

You need a GCU but the stand alone H3-3D should come with it. There are two version, one is Phantom 2 specific and doesn't come with the GCU, the other is stand-alone and does.

38super

Thank's ...Yes it did come with GCU unit but went I spoke to with service they said it might be good idea . I never heard of doing that with a 550. I you go on DJI web page and scroll down
it now saz PHANTOM ONLY I guess we kit builders have to get info from each other He really only knew about the Phantom and it's problems. Does anyone use a GCU unit on there kit's? 450 ,550
Would it help at all?
Thanks William

Tahoe Ed

Thank's ...Yes it did come with GCU unit but went I spoke to with service they said it might be good idea . I never heard of doing that with a 550. I you go on DJI web page and scroll down
it now saz PHANTOM ONLY I guess we kit builders have to get info from each other He really only knew about the Phantom and it's problems. Does anyone use a GCU unit on there kit's? 450 ,550
Would it help at all?
Thanks William

As stated above on the non-Phantom H3-3D, the unit comes with the GCU. You need to use that on the F450, F550 and other builds. It is no different than the 2D unit. You will upgrade the gimbal through the GCU. On the Phantom that is done via the usb port on the Phantom.