Decent Motors

Hey Guys, I've been flying some cheap rctimer 2830-14 motors one of my tricopters for the last year or so and while they work fine and do the job. I'm thinking of getting some better motors. Something that's smoother, more efficient higher quality or more reliable since I have my gro pro mounted on there.

I know a lot of folks are using the KDA motors but are they any better? Such as: KDA20-22L looks like it's specs are similar to the rctimers.

Or would it be better to go up to something like: Avroto 2814

My Tri is right at 800g with the camera and battery

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
I have not applied power to my Avrotos yet but i can say this... They look and feel great. Compared to my previous 8 motors, these ALL feel exactly the same. You can just tell they are well made. Also, Jim at MontoRC has been incredibly helpful. Having customer service like this is very important. Also, i get the feeling that these Avrotos are the same thing as the high priced quadrocopter motors. I may be wrong but they sure look identical.

I have had no issues with my Avroto 2814 750kv motors. I can carry my 5d on an x8 and with well balanced props, the video quality is excellent. They seem to have good power and they run smooth and cool. Highly suggested for the price.

ovdt

I've ordered some Tiger Motors MT2826 for heavy lifting. I'll let you know how they work.

I also own AXi 2814/22, Mikrokopter MK3638. They both run very smooth and cool.

just thought i would let yall know i picked up a set of erc 480 motors from hobby lobby and they are nicely made. ive only got one flight on them but i thinkthey are going to be very nice budget motors.

still looking to try a set of avrotos out.

Emowillcox

I got some of the avroto motors as well and the compression feels great :frog: I can't wait to get them mounted.