DJI F550 - Brushless Gimbals for Nikon D600

Pdbraun

I'm looking for product suggestions for brushless gimbals that are compatible with the DJI F550 and would hold a D600. I've been flying with a GoPro Hero3 Black Edition and am looking to hang a Nikon. Of primary importance is an ability to take nadir (straight down) and oblique imagery.

Any production suggestions?

Paul

W. Reimer

You're going to be grossly overweight for a 550, I fear. The substantial weight increase in the camera, the increased weight of a much beefier gimbal, plus a sharp increase in the power needed to drive the gimbal around and keep the multi in the air, if you could in fact GET it in the air....

Realistically, I think you need to consider a significant increase in UAV size before considering hanging a Nikon from it.
I'm looking for product suggestions for brushless gimbals that are compatible with the DJI F550 and would hold a D600. I've been flying with a GoPro Hero3 Black Edition and am looking to hang a Nikon. Of primary importance is an ability to take nadir (straight down) and oblique imagery.

Any production suggestions?

Paul

min0nim

I'm looking at options for the D600 too. It's not a heavy camera by full frame DLSR standards, but it's heavy for a UAV to lift.

Depending on the lens you're looking to use, I'd be factoring in 1.3 to 1.8kg for the camera. There are lighter lenses, but if you're going to a D600, then you may as well be looking to use the best glass you can. Otherwise the advantages over a smaller and lighter Nex are limited.

In terms of gimbals, I'd be really interested in hearing from people who are using the Photohigher 200. I'm seriously thinking about the Movi M5 to save the hassle, but it's a lot heavier and expensive.