Is this Lipo repairable?

...or otherwise salvageable in any way?

Yes, yes I'm aware of the dangers of pulling one of these apart...

So it seems one of the cells has a bit of a gash and it flickers between 4v and 0v

Is there anything I can do to being it back?
Should I just turn it into a rainy day 2s?

Thanks in advance!
4e8u2uny.jpg
5anesy8y.jpg
gevyrenu.jpg
vusu9yzu.jpg
my4eza2a.jpg
ruvapagy.jpg
7asanabu.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gtranquilla

RadioActive
Intermittent voltage output suggests an unreliable/intermittent wiring connection between series cells and in an area where one would not dare to use a soldering iron. If you could return it to the proper 3S configuration I would use it in a boat or road vehicle.... not for flight.

Carapau

Tek care, lambs ont road, MRF Moderator
The minute you start asking if a Lipo is repairable, then it is not. Okay, it might be to a degree but given the fire risk of these things it simply isn't worth the risk, regardless if it is a small 2s all the way up to a 16Ah 6s battery. Cost of the battery is not the consideration here in my opinion- cost of your house is!

Intermittent voltage output suggests an unreliable/intermittent wiring connection between series cells and in an area where one would not dare to use a soldering iron. If you could return it to the proper 3S configuration I would use it in a boat or road vehicle.... not for flight.

Good advice to use it for something on the ground; A monitor or video receiver or something.

The minute you start asking if a Lipo is repairable, then it is not. Okay, it might be to a degree but given the fire risk of these things it simply isn't worth the risk, regardless if it is a small 2s all the way up to a 16Ah 6s battery. Cost of the battery is not the consideration here in my opinion- cost of your house is!

Omg. The sky is falling.
Yes, I acknowledged the risk and I don't need treat them like a bomb, just treat them smart. Btw it's presumptuous of you to assume my home has value.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gtranquilla

RadioActive
Saw an electrical tech at a local hobby shop dismantling used LiPos and selecting specific good cells to make a replacement 4S pack or two.... apparently it can be done but seems like a risk and no fire extinguisher close by...!!!:nevreness:

Old Man

I'll liken repairing lipo cells to working with the business end of a plasma cutter in operation. That's what you'll have if things go south.