Dji f450

Y0urDaddy

Hello...

I thought I would try posting here one more time. I am planning to try my first quad build with a DJI FlameWheel 450 kit. I have watched a few videos on youtube on the basic build of the kit and as I have experience in RC (as well as EE degree) I think I can handle the build of the basic kit.

My reason for this post is any general advice that people may have. My goal with the 450 is to make a video or aerial photography platform. I have tried to learn to fly manually with a Heli-Max 1SQ-V-Cam micro. I can fly that with no issue now totally hands on. For the F450 I am planning to use a Naza lite with GPS. But any advice on transmitter or FPV set up would be great.

Thanks...

haha49

Hello...

I thought I would try posting here one more time. I am planning to try my first quad build with a DJI FlameWheel 450 kit. I have watched a few videos on youtube on the basic build of the kit and as I have experience in RC (as well as EE degree) I think I can handle the build of the basic kit.

My reason for this post is any general advice that people may have. My goal with the 450 is to make a video or aerial photography platform. I have tried to learn to fly manually with a Heli-Max 1SQ-V-Cam micro. I can fly that with no issue now totally hands on. For the F450 I am planning to use a Naza lite with GPS. But any advice on transmitter or FPV set up would be great.

Thanks...

Upgrade to the V2 or V1 (if you can find the old one) Then Get the DJI MiniOSD the voltage regular if it doesn't come with it. Then you got were you want to fly for what type of radio and video (behind trees or not ect)

It plugs into the naza gives you all the info you want height, distance, voltage, (which way the quad is leaning ie wind)

With that you also might want a landing gear and gimbal if you want smooth video and you can look up and down with it as well. You can use the gopro as a video camera to see and film it depends on what quality you want and how much you want to spend. I like the LCD screen more then the googles I've tried them I didn't like them I like being able to look at my craft and going ok I got trees on the right and left I can go that way and use the screen to fly but I have the ability to see what's I can't see through the camera.

To install the mini OSD (DJI) you just wire it onto the power board (voltagebus) then plug it in then video in from the gopro (usb cable) and ground then video out to the transmiter and ground. Very simple to do it's 2 wires. Then power is 2 wires you can do 3s or 4s (4 more power lift last longer runs cooler) You can do 2 lipos 1 for the video 1 for the craft or you can wire it so it's all 1 thing which is what I do and I run a 4s lipo I run the gimbal, and video transmiter off the balance lead. The gopro camera has it's own battrey and I turned the OSD on so I can see that it's recording and what mode plus time and what battrey life is left on the camera. If my Camera goes dead I simply lose picture but I have the return home through the osd as it overlaps the video and is still transmitting because it's running off the main lipo.

Last edited by a moderator:

haha49

Let me put it this way I use a 2.4ghz radio and 5.8ghz video 400w. I have gone 1,300 meters straight up and down as well as 2,000 meters out at 300 meters high the further out I go the higher I have to climb or I lose signal unless I use a better receiver attenna at which point it's point and line up move left of right it loses it. Now your in the Usa so the limit is what you can see and 400ft which is 120 meters. The range will be more then you legaly can do. I really don't recomend doing far away or high unless you tested everything very well and have plans in place if something goes wrong. (Common sense)

Last edited by a moderator:

Y0urDaddy

Thanks for the info, and that video is great!

I plan to get stuff in phases, the basic kit first and then build on it until I have a nice platform for video and photos. Initially I am going to go basic, while I can fly my micro quad with no issues I am guessing I may have a crash or two with a larger platform.

I live near a small airport so I cannot fly a quad as high as the video :(