Don't understand voltage protection

Daren W

I have a 550 loaded as my signature, Running a 3s 8000mah battery. The voltage starting out fully charged is 12.5 to 12.6. I have the first level set to 11.5 and a load of .8. When I see the first level light flash I land and charge. I am finding myself putting back 7400 to 7600 mah which is to much. What should I tweak in the settings? The protection voltage or the loaded?

OneStopRC

Dirty Little Hucker
Turn it off and get a battery monitor off of eBay or something. Mine never worked right and many others will tell you the same. What is the "C" rating on the battery?? A better discharge rate will help and moving away from the 3s batteries to a 4s will help you.

I presume you are also using the standard DJI motors? If so you may want to go with a lower KV motor and increase your prop size.

rilot

Up your first level by 0.1v until you are putting back 80% in to your batteries.
0.8v seems a bit high for your load loss. I'd expect around 0.5v. How did you calculate it?

However, I echo OneStopRC. Naza voltage protection is a bit silly really as it only really gives you a visual indicator in the air, and if you miss it the craft will start to land by itself. Not ideal. I have mine switched off and I just monitor the voltage via the iOSD and the telemetry on my transmitter.