NAZA MC and Zenmuse GCU vibration mounting

Fat Corgi

Hi there,
What are peoples thoughts when it comes to mounting your Flight controller and Gimbal controller to the frame of your rig? Do you use a vibration dampening gel, or double sided tape, or velco, or something else? I've got a f550 with a Naza M v2 and a H2-2D. Both the Naza main controller and the Zenmuse gimbal control unit (gcu) are stuck down with foam adhesive tape. Thinking about swapping that out for some gel like this...

http://www.multiwiicopter.com/products/vibration-pu-gel-dampener-3mmx30x20mm

Hoping to reduce unwanted camera movements, from the gimbal. Any thoughts?

I use that exact stuff fro them with my 550 and Naza v2. Have run it since day one so I cant say if it improves anything but I can say I have had no issues. Thought it was cheap insurance.

Benjamin Kenobi

Easy? You call that easy?
Ditto. I use that stuff too. Lasts forever and re-usable. The Zenmuse GCU is just a wiring hub.

What do you mean by unwanted movements?

Tahoe Ed

Please do not use this type of tape. The DJI controllers need to be hard mounted to the frame. Use the thin double sided tape that is supplied by DJI. If you use the foam or gel you will induce unwanted movement and will confuse the sensors.

Fat Corgi

Really? So small vibrations, like those from a motor should have no effect on the NAZA? I'm impressed it that's true. I think I have some foam on there at the moment, but I'll try swapping it out and see how I go. Thanks for the responses.