TriCopter Flipping Problem

SurreyMike

I have just finished building a Jakub's frame small Tri copter with a Mutiwii board installed. The issue I can't deem to resolve is that as the throttle increases you get to a point were the whole thing flips violently onto its back. I've hooked it up to the GUI and everything looks OK. At first it was spinning on the spot reversed the yaw and that seems to have taken care of that. Have tried compensating with trim but it just don't want to get off the ground.

If I hold the copter and move it from side to side it seems OK but as its such a small unit its sometimes difficult to know what its doing as when you tilt it you can get some wild movement.

I'm using a Spektrum DX7 on acro with no mixing etc. etc. and having tried just about everything imaginable I'm stuck for ideas. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Regards
Mike

Kilby

Does it get off the ground at all? Sounds like you might have one of your motors spinning in the wrong direction, or have one wrong prop on. Do you have one of each on the front with the motors spinning in the proper order? (1 clockwise, 1 counter clockwise)

If that is all good, then you your controller is probably doing something backwards. It thinks it needs to lift the left side when it really needs to lift the right as example.

SurreyMike

Thanks for your note.

Yep the props are all good and spinning in the right direction. There is lift and she wants to lift but just at that point she flips. You're right in as much as as the side lifts there is no compensation from the other. If this is the case how to I rectify that?

Does it get off the ground at all? Sounds like you might have one of your motors spinning in the wrong direction, or have one wrong prop on. Do you have one of each on the front with the motors spinning in the proper order? (1 clockwise, 1 counter clockwise)

If that is all good, then you your controller is probably doing something backwards. It thinks it needs to lift the left side when it really needs to lift the right as example.

Kilby

I've never used the Wii board, but the theory is all the same. It seems like something is just backwards. Check in the GUI and see if there is a way to set up which way the board is mounted. It's something simple I'm sure.