CAME 6000 Two Axis Gimbal

dazzab

Does anyone have any info/experience with the CAME 6000 gimbal? It looks like a very clean build and I'm not overly impressed with my Aura gimbal right now. It does look a bit wide to mount on a Skyjib but I think it wouldn't be hard to modify. I'd be using it with a Panasonic GH4. Thanks

dazzab

Why a two-axis? They offer the 3-axis 7000 model for about the same price, including one that looks like it will bolt straight on to a multi: http://www.came-tv.com/32bit-came7000-3-axis-gimbal-camera-dslr-steadicam-p-470.html

The build of the 7000 just doesn't look as nice as the 6000. Also, I don't have retracts and I've never used 3-axis as I just use yaw instead. Less complexity and less weight with 2-axis. I did write to them to see if they could modify the 6000 so it's not quite as wide. But things are looking better with my Aura gimbal now. I'm flying with a GH4 now and I think that I finally have it balanced. There's a bit of shake in there I don't like but I may have solved that as well. I'm off to test fly it now.