S1000 motor offset angles

Which of these two angles is the one that leans the motors towards the hub?

Each frame arm is designed with an 8° introversive and a 3° inclination, making the aircraft more stable when rolling and pitching and more flexible when rotating."

And can I assume that the other angle is the motor offset cw and ccw along the airframe motor circumference?

rilot

The smaller value is the tilt of the motors on the mounts (caused by the rubber grommets). The larger value is the angle towards the centre caused by the angle of the arms.

I am not familiar with the S1000 construction. But I think you are saying that the top of the motors are tilted in towards the center of the MR hub by 8 degrees..... which means that 4 of the motors are tilted by means of the grommets by 3 degrees cw and the remaining four are tilted 3 degrees ccw on the motor arm circumference.

The smaller value is the tilt of the motors on the mounts (caused by the rubber grommets). The larger value is the angle towards the centre caused by the angle of the arms.

Tahoe Ed

All 8 motors are tilted toward the hub buy 8 degrees. 4 motors are tilted 3 degrees ccw and 4 are tilted 3 degrees cw as seen on the motor.

rilot

Well, the Phantom and Phantom 2's motors are very slightly tilted CW and CCW too. It supposedly give more yaw authority.

cootertwo

Gaui 350X has the motors tilted, not towards center, but 2-3 degrees towards one another, depending on how you look at it. I thought it was a flaw with the kit, but they all tilt the same amount, so I assembled it, and it fly's very stable.

Yes.... apparently without the motors tilted, the ability to yaw quickly and forcefully is limited by the motor counter-torque forces but with all motors tilted appropriately, the FC yaw capability is improved.

This, apparently enables the MR to maintain a straight heading without yawing as a result of cross-winds and/or gusts....... and this issue becomes critical when doing straight run aerial video work, e.g., for golf courses, a straight forward flight from tee box to green..... any video camera yaw in such cases stands out as sloppy AV work!

Gaui 350X has the motors tilted, not towards center, but 2-3 degrees towards one another, depending on how you look at it. I thought it was a flaw with the kit, but they all tilt the same amount, so I assembled it, and it fly's very stable.