Octo WMK Flip of death

Hello everyone!
Today something very very strange happened.

I'm working offshore on a ship doing several flights per day, I've flown for the past week an average of 10 flights of 7 minutes each every day and everything went perfect.

Landing and takeoff are done from the hands of the operator since the boat goes up and down a lot due to the waves.
This afternoon during the last flight of the day after the drone took off and climbed just a few centimeters from the operator's hands it flipped to the left side and crashed upside down very hard on the ground just 2mt from him.

I really have no idea what the problem could have been, everything went perfect all the other flights.
I took off in GPS mode and just before the take off I accidentally lowered the throttle stick a little bit and "fastly" went back and took off, then crashhh... Could that have something to do with it?

THANKSSSSS

Carapau

Tek care, lambs ont road, MRF Moderator
Im guessing that the sudden increase in revs could have caused some momentary bad vibrations causing the IMU to go 'blind' but that is just a guess.

The Wkm does a calibration on power up. Maybe the ship was rocking too much when you plugged in the lipo. I always monitor the sticks on power up. Sometimes they don't stay centered and I need to unplug and start again.

The Wkm does a calibration on power up. Maybe the ship was rocking too much when you plugged in the lipo. I always monitor the sticks on power up. Sometimes they don't stay centered and I need to unplug and start again.
What do you mean the the sticks don't stay centered? Which sticks?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 336

maxwelltub

is it a flat octo or X 8? What motor ecs combo? There was just a lengthy conversation on facebook about an x8 flip.

tombrown1

Interesting. So you plug into a laptop every flight?

I either use my Surface pro or use the bluetooth and ios app. I never lift off without checking the sticks. 1 in 5 times the sticks are either slightly off or jittering.
I use jeti anti spark connectors but still get the issue.

is it a flat octo or X 8? What motor ecs combo? There was just a lengthy conversation on facebook about an x8 flip.

Ciao Maxwell,
it was a flat okto with t-motors and Jeti ESCs... Right after the crash I took off the props, tested the motors and all of them were spinning!