sweeping circles around a subject

costalive

I might not being expressing myself properly but here goes. I am a newbie and can not perform sweeping circles around a building or home as I would like. Is there software or device that I can buy where I could select a way point (home / building) and have my phantom 2 circle it with the camera pointed at the center of the circle to film it?

asalibby

Keys Aerial LLC
I am a newbie myself but in my reading. There is the poi point of interest this will allow you to lock camera onto a poi t and keep it there.

Toymaker

Crashologist
IT's just a little throttle, roll, and yaw all at the same time! LOL I have been practicing this too. It's difficult just to fly like that let alone keep something in a camera shot! MAybe go super slow and speed up the shot in software...

asalibby

Keys Aerial LLC
My newbie is shiny like a new penny. I have only started to research all of the options out there. I am planing on ordering my first quad this week. I live in the Florida keys and want to start my own aerial videography company.

haha49

Go slow you can always speed the footage up.

The other option is to have 2 people do it 1 flys the other controls the camara that can spin anyway it wants to keep the shot centered.

You can experment with homelock and course lock and see what you like that way the controlls are always the same no matter which way you point the craft.

BamaDave

With the A2 flight controller, you have Point of Interest mode that will allow you to do circles around an object and the camera will stay centered.