APM 1.4 Help

andersonjd

Not sure if this is the right thread for this, if it is not if someone could point me in the right direction that would be great!

I recently acquired a quad that came with a APM 1.4/Mag/GPS/Sonar. The problem is it is a older one with a ATMega1280 (which I am finding out hasn't been supported in a couple years). I can not find firmware for it anyware. I have used my googlefoo for hours trying to find a copy that would work. I have searched GITHUB to no avail. I have tried the arduino route to no avail. I can't get any version I could find to strip down enough to get it to compile small enough to fit on the FC. At some point I am going to buy a newer Flight control (probably a PIXHAWK) but wanted to get this going to have something to bomb around with and improve my flight skills while I am building my HEX (Tarot 680Pro). I am fairly new to this multirotor thing but have been flying RC planes for many years.

I posted a request for help on another thread and was told that the code has not fit on this controller for a couple years. I am posting hear because it seems like maybe there is a larger user base here and that somebody out there might also have one of these older controllers that could help.

My question is, does anybody have or know where I could get a version of the firmware that will compile and fit on this FC? Even just the .hex file would be good!

Thanks,
John