Bad PDB choice for T960 hexa?

mediaguru

I'm building a Tartot T960. My first build of any kind.

I bought a power distribution board for this unit and mounted it, but have later found out it is 100A. I'm worried I don't have enough amps on the PDB.

I'll be running likely two 6S/5000mah batteries, the six ESC's are 40amp each and the motors are 25.2 amps each max.

Thoughts? I could easily dump the PDB and go to a wiring harness.

Depends on how much current you are expecting to pull(get yourself a current meter), look at it this way, its like having a ferrari that can do 300km per hour but you only drive on the motorway at 100km per hour....so unless you are going to be maxing out/going full tilt/doing insane punchouts....I doubt you will be continuously pulling 100amps +....most setups with the T960 sport flying or hauling a mirrorless camera with gimal will pull about 60-80amps max, go check out ecalc

mediaguru

Thanks koolkiwikat.

Send an email to hobby-wing asking same question. They suggest that it is fine. I will not be doing super aggressive flying with this bird, but I do want to make sure I have no issues if I need to punch it in the event of an emergency.

If its the blue PDB one their site with the inbuilt BEC's you could always run some extra solder down each side if you want, dont forget to invest in a inline power meter to see what max amps its pulling under load....trust me this will be the 1st of many multirotors you will build so invest in one

mediaguru

If its the blue PDB one their site with the inbuilt BEC's you could always run some extra solder down each side if you want, dont forget to invest in a inline power meter to see what max amps its pulling under load....trust me this will be the 1st of many multirotors you will build so invest in one

I've got an FrSky voltage meter and it will be sending back telemetry to my TX.