Zero UAV waypoints and YS-4X

gweleps

Hi,
i've tried to use waypoints today with the YS-4X; everythings went accordingly to manual (load of waypoints, verification,) and the craft
flies to waypoint #1 as expected ...but never quit #1 to #2... i saw that the "time" parameter for waypoint #1 is always the default value even if i tried to modify it and the craft wait on #1. How to tell it to go to #2? do i have to upload waypoint #2 when craft is hovering above #1?
Thanks
Alain

vadmcse

This is ok.
For security reasons, it goes to the first point, then, you shoud add the number 2 in the first box next to the target buton, and then press it.
The copter then will continue with the rest of the waypionts

Henri

I'm wondering how you guys usually do waypoints as WiFi telemetry is lost in few meters and then pressing 2nd waypoint button does not reach copter anymore?

Creating a waypoint close enough is an option but I'd prefer to gain some altitude and distance before using any autopilot functions for having some time to react if something goes wrong.

vadmcse

How many meters do you want to fly away for the first Wp?
I've flown 120 meters and still have WiFi connection

Henri

How many meters do you want to fly away for the first Wp?
I've flown 120 meters and still have WiFi connection

120m would really be enough.
I lose WiFi to tablet under 20m. At altitude 15 m last time almost over take off spot.

vadmcse

Then you have a problem with the WiFi adaptor or your Tablet / Phone / PC.
Or maybe you are flying in a place with too many interferences.

Henri

Then you have a problem with the WiFi adaptor or your Tablet / Phone / PC.
Or maybe you are flying in a place with too many interferences.
Just came in to mind that I had 1.3GHz fpv transmitter on that time and WiFi is perhaps in this case 2.4. It is most likely one interference source. I'll check this today with 5.8GHz fpv transmitter.

Maverick XA

I'm not a big fan of using WiFi on any RC aircraft.
My Gemini was updated with the 900MHz Datalink and the range is around 2000m.
Only way to go.

Mav