Taranis EEPROM issue

FlaBouy

Alrighty then... on to step 2. Calibrated and setup basic functions of the Taranis and I have downloaded installed Companion9X. Verified that the Zaidig utility installed the STM32 Bootloader and it shows in the computer device manager.
Connected the USB to a powered down Taranis and I flashed the latest and greatest OpenTX to the radio with success.

Powered the Taranis up and then reconnected the USB. Device manager now shows "Frysky Taranis Mass Storage" under USB devices.

I crank up the Companion9X, set preferences for openTX for FrSky Taranis and Mode 2.

Click Read EEPROM from TX to download my calibrated setup........

"Impossible to identify the radio on your system, please verify the eeprom disk is connected."

Tried 3 different known good cables with the same result.

What did I miss?

Thank you in advance for your support.

SoCal Blur

I've seen this mentioned in blogs/forums before. I'm trying to remember what the solution was...had something to do with the way the driver was installed, I think. I recommened you do a Google search and you may find the same blogs that I found and find your answer...unless someone else in this forum jumps in.

FlaBouy

Yep... been beating the search engines and Scott's videos but most all have to do with flashing.... I have that part working... Zaidig reinstalls the USB driver to SMT32 bootloader and gets away from the DFU driver... that will allow you to flash a non-powered Taranis... then you power up the radio, give it a minute or so and then jack in the USB to see the device as a storage device... then the eeproms can be uploaded/downloaded... for whatever reason, my computer device manager sees the storage device fine... but does not list it as a drive or make it accessible to the companion9x... I have uninstalled all USB drivers and companion9X and reinstalled... tried numerous USB cables.. and multiple USB ports on the computer... at this point I don't know which way to run...

SoCal Blur

I had a similar problem with one of my cameras. It would connect to my laptop just fine but only paritally to my Desktop PC. To this day I have not figured out why... But since my laptop was available, I didn't spend too much time trying to correct it.